2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Frost doesn’t bother me. He went “home” and quickly realized the grass isn’t always greener.

Danny White was inevitable. He’s a program builder and a PR guy. Once he achieved greatness with us, he was eventually going to find a new challenge.
I forgot even your hero QB bailed for a dumpster fire FSU squad.

And you all just went 6-4 in the trash ass refrigerator college AAC.

Hate to break it to you, but you’re not what you think you are. At least I can acknowledge Tennessee is a dumpster fire.

I would say the only way is up, but as soon as everyone gets the chance to leave your stepping stone school, they bail.

midswat

... soon
Life cycle of a Tennessee fan.

87015FEE-BBA7-4626-82D6-C8D6E310B574.jpeg

Soon....

D

Deuce

I forgot even your hero QB bailed for a dumpster fire FSU squad.

And you all just went 6-4 in the trash ass refrigerator college AAC.

Hate to break it to you, but you’re not what you think you are. At least I can acknowledge Tennessee is a dumpster fire.

I would say the only way is up, but as soon as everyone gets the chance to leave your stepping stone school, they bail.
Milton left because there’s nothing left for him here. One year of eligibility left and he still has a dream to play in the NFL, but he won’t play for us because his former HS teammate and best friend just had a Heisman quality season as a sophomore. He’s not going to ask him to sit out a year and he wants to play.

Despite ending his career elsewhere, he’ll still be the GOAT. I wish him all the best and am just happy he didn’t go to Nebraska.

midswat

... soon
Blah blah blah long winded excuses why errybody leaves blah blah blah

:dunce

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Another impressive get for Oklahoma that I didn't see coming. Key Lawrence committed to OU yesterday.

He should be a day 1 starter. The University of Tennessee has become Lincoln Riley's personal pipeline. :lol

midswat

... soon
Another impressive get for Oklahoma that I didn't see coming. Key Lawrence committed to OU yesterday.

He should be a day 1 starter. The University of Tennessee has become Lincoln Riley's personal pipeline. :lol

That one might hurt. The tackle - Morris - I mean, he didn’t even start for us. We had a 280lb former 3 star JUCO starting over him. He’s also immature too. Word is he loved the recruitment process and didn’t adapt well to the de-recruitment process. Still expected coaches to kiss his ass when he got on campus. Notice he’s the only kid I’ve seen who entered the Transfer Portal and released a “top 3”

But Lawrence has the makings of a very good corner/safety. Sucks to see him leave.

Nevertheless... I can’t fault kids for jumping ship. 3-7, potential bowl bans/sanctions, still don’t have a coach. It’s a mess.

D

Deuce

~waves towel~

Heup is a nice dude and decent recruiter, but his Gameday coaching leaves a lot to be desired. I’m okay with him bouncing. Now go here me Graham Harrell.

midswat

... soon
Stepping stone school, @Deuce.

Don’t know much about Heupel but I love the fact that both the AD and Coach realize that a dumpster fire University of Tennessee under investigations is STILL a more desirable place than UCF.

midswat

... soon
Just reading a few things.... I love his offense. Long have thought that the way to go in college football these days is to hire an innovative offensive mind. My fear was we were going to just take the interim tag off of Kevin Steele. Defense is largely dead. When Alabama has a defense that consists of 11 five stars and teams still score 40+ on them regularly, then it's telling.

Heupel had the #1 offense in the SEC at Missouri, so thats impressive.

Really going to be interested to see how he fills out his staff. Would like to see Jay Graham stay on as RB coach, with Kevin Steele as DC, and hire Rodney Garner as DL coach. All are stud recruiters.

I wish we could've gone big and stole Matt Campbell from Iowa State, or the like... but the reality is - Tennessee is a dumpster fire. Toxic program already that has an investigation looming.

I'm mostly optimistic that finally having at AD worth his salt (vs a former coach who was largely clueless), that over the next several years we can right the ship and be respectful in the SEC. Baby steps. Its tough sledding, having to play Alabama, Georgia, and Florida every year.

Right now I have low expectations. Give me 6 wins in 2021. Recruit a solid class. Keep the rest of the kids from entering the portal. Go from there.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Coaching at Tennessee is the greatest scheme ever invented. You can become a millionaire by dong absolutely nothing.

1bigfan13

Staff member

~waves towel~

Heup is a nice dude and decent recruiter, but his Gameday coaching leaves a lot to be desired. I’m okay with him bouncing. Now go here me Graham Harrell.
Going forward I think UCF outperforms Tennessee. My assessment of Heupel has been about the same as yours. He's a good dude who does well when he has a decent talent advantage over his opponent, but I don't think he's the kind of coach who raises the floor of his talent.

I think we're looking at another Scott Frost to Nebraska situation here but Heupel will be dealing with much tougher conditions at Tennessee. Hopefully Vols nation gives him at least 3 years before they get restless.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Stepping stone school, @Deuce.

Don’t know much about Heupel but I love the fact that both the AD and Coach realize that a dumpster fire University of Tennessee under investigations is STILL a more desirable place than UCF.
Valid point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just reading a few things.... I love his offense. Long have thought that the way to go in college football these days is to hire an innovative offensive mind. My fear was we were going to just take the interim tag off of Kevin Steele. Defense is largely dead. When Alabama has a defense that consists of 11 five stars and teams still score 40+ on them regularly, then it's telling.

Heupel had the #1 offense in the SEC at Missouri, so thats impressive.

Really going to be interested to see how he fills out his staff. Would like to see Jay Graham stay on as RB coach, with Kevin Steele as DC, and hire Rodney Garner as DL coach. All are stud recruiters.

I wish we could've gone big and stole Matt Campbell from Iowa State, or the like... but the reality is - Tennessee is a dumpster fire. Toxic program already that has an investigation looming.

I'm mostly optimistic that finally having at AD worth his salt (vs a former coach who was largely clueless), that over the next several years we can right the ship and be respectful in the SEC. Baby steps. Its tough sledding, having to play Alabama, Georgia, and Florida every year.

Right now I have low expectations. Give me 6 wins in 2021. Recruit a solid class. Keep the rest of the kids from entering the portal. Go from there.
Heupel comes from a background that since childhood he has been exposed to coaching. His dad was a football coach. He was one of a few QBs at OU who led his team to and won the National Championship. He was an assistant Coach and offensive Coordinator at OU. I think you know about his Head Coaching jobs after OU.

midswat

... soon
Coaching at Tennessee is the greatest scheme ever invented. You can become a millionaire by dong absolutely nothing.
How much do Texas tech coaches get paid?

hundreds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom