Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well...it is a Mormon school, so....

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I worked for a Mormom-run non-profit right out of college. No caffeinated drinks in the soda machine. :(

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You cost the Cowboys a lot of money, and we need it back...

Seriously, I love Dez but the guy should have money for life. Unfortunately I worry that a guy like him doesn't because he doesn't have the mental capacity to plan for the future or for worst case scenarios.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You cost the Cowboys a lot of money, and we need it back...

Seriously, I love Dez but the guy should have money for life. Unfortunately I worry that a guy like him doesn't because he doesn't have the mental capacity to plan for the future or for worst case scenarios.
If you recall though, Bryant got popped for hanging out with Deion Sanders. Was a little shitty.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Came close to being the Cowboys HC (or so the Jerry spin machine lead us to hope) in the 1990's, but he rejected it based on the position's relative lack of authority and getting low-balled to boot, from what I recall.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So this is basically what we have been seeing under the table for years. Big money people giving money to players to play for their school and doing everything they can to not be caught. Now it's just being done out in the open. I don't know that it makes me feel any better.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So this is basically what we have been seeing under the table for years. Big money people giving money to players to play for their school and doing everything they can to not be caught. Now it's just being done out in the open. I don't know that it makes me feel any better.
It’s about time most of them got their cut of this money

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
As others said, they've been getting their cut for years. It was just quiet before.

Now they have to pay taxes on it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s about time most of them got their cut of this money
It's not even really a cut. It's not the school paying them. It's rich football fan saying hey, play for my favorite school, I'll give you money to "sponsor". Which has been happening forever. It's just now in the open.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And in the case of Miami's team, at least it sounds like everyone on the team will be getting a piece of the pie, and not just the star recruits.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I could go for some College Gameday about now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom