2020 Season | Wildcard Weekend | Gameday Chatter Thread | 1/9/2021-1/10/2021

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Anyone else notice that Roethlisberger pulled a Cam Newton on the first play of the game? Rapistberger wussed out didn't even try to jump on the ball just like Newton did in the Super Bowl.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Roethlisberger, much like Brees, is mostly washed up at this point. Their brains and strong supporting casts can cover it up for the most part but if you look closely they're both pretty significantly limited physically compared to what they used to be.
You don't have to look closely. It's obvious as hell.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Anyone else notice that Roethlisberger pulled a Cam Newton on the first play of the game? Rapistberger wussed out didn't even try to jump on the ball just like Newton did in the Super Bowl.
I noticed that he sulked on the bench instead of shaking hands.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Is this on what was the old salary cap number or the new one due to Covid?
New one. Latest estimate is 175m will be the new cap, Steelers carry over about 6 million, and they have over 202m in contracts.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And yet they will both get under without a massive blood letting. Just wait and see.
If they can trade Wentz to the right sucker, they'll actually save 800K+ before June, and 15m after June. Cut Jeffery and Deshaun and restructure Barnett, Slay, Hargrave, Cox and a couple of others and they can probably do it.

Kicking the can is a good philosophy as the cap should make a big leap forward in 2022.

data

Forbes #1
They are at -21,912,231 in cap space for 2021.
Shit. If the Steelers are under, the NFL will probably make some sweetheart arrangement. Something like deferred cap hit to next 2 years or reduced cap hit for existing players.

What are the NYgiants at?

Top Bottom