2020 Season | Week 6 | Gameday Chatter | Cardinals at Cowboys | 10/18/2020

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mike Nolan shouldn't make it to the end of the year. The defensive performances have been an absolute embarrassment in every game since week 1.

Even though the offense came into tonight's game averaging 32 ppg, they're too mistake-prone as well. And special teams has been a big bag of nothing as well. This is just a poorly coached team all around.
If McCarthy wants to keep his job, Nolan shouldn't even make it to the facility today.

Cotton

Staff member
McCarthy can GFH. After Zeke's 2 fumbles fat boy had a chance to send a real message about accountability and maybe, just maybe, move the needle of this loser culture into the right direction. Yet he chose to essentially have Zeke sit out most of a series which is customary.

I'd have rode Pollard and Dowdle the rest of the night to sent a message to the rest of the losers that sloppy play is unacceptable. What McCarthy did basically told his team that it's okay to screw up and not do your job well.
I said it at the time, he should have benched Zeke for the rest of the game after the second fumble. I hate to say it this early in the season, but I am rapidly losing interest in McCarthy.

Cotton

Staff member
I'll raise my hand. I bought in. I was so happy to finally be getting rid of Garrett that I was buying all the bullshit McCarthy was selling. Fortunately if things continue as they are, it won't take 10 years to churn this McCarthy.

Also, regarding Jerry dying a loser. I'm right there with you. I've said the same thing several times. My disdain for Jerry Jones is so severe that I'm perfectly content seeing the Cowboys not win anything for another 10-20 years. As far as I'm concerned, he's done so much to hurt this franchise that he doesn't deserve to see another Super Bowl before he dies. Fuck him.
I think everyone knows how I feel about Jerry. I also think some may think that has softened simply because I don't talk about it much anymore, but I still abhor that man. Worst enemy, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, abhor. It will be a glorious day when he finally heads to hell.

Cotton

Staff member
Let me try to salvage this...

...say Zeke doesn't have those two fumbles. At that point, it was 0-0 still and we had the ball at midfield.

Would we have seen a competitive game?

Was this game gonna be a blowout regardless, even if we played a turnover-free game?

Or did we just not have resilience and just cratered catastrophically once we saw the remaining face of our franchise twice fail us?

...and the 49ers rebounded after benching Garoppolo in their similarly disastrous loss to the Dolphins.
I think once the offense turned the ball over for the third time, the defense flat out gave up. You could see it in their movements. They were frustrated and the simply gave up. I almost felt sorry for them.

Cotton

Staff member
I just damn near snuck up on the guy I needed 108 points to beat. I lost by a little over 10. :lol

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I think everyone knows how I feel about Jerry. I also think some may think that has softened simply because I don't talk about it much anymore, but I still abhor that man. Worst enemy, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, abhor. It will be a glorious day when he finally heads to hell.
He and his spawn will never be overcome by any combination of players and coaches; the culture & sense of entitlement created by the jones idiots & their micro-managing, coupled with the Americas team label that makes every team want to beat them regardless of how bad they suck is simply too much to overcome.

25 years of this nonsense should make this obvious by now

the only chance I can envision for a SB win (or mere appearance) is a fluke combination of youth, a home-run draft, a slew of rookie contracts on the best players and a freak combination of health for the team and injury for the rest of the league

Cotton

Staff member
He and his spawn will never be overcome by any combination of players and coaches; the culture & sense of entitlement created by the jones idiots & their micro-managing, coupled with the Americas team label that makes every team want to beat them regardless of how bad they suck is simply too much to overcome.

25 years of this nonsense should make this obvious by now

the only chance I can envision for a SB win (or mere appearance) is a fluke combination of youth, a home-run draft, a slew of rookie contracts on the best players and a freak combination of health for the team and injury for the rest of the league
I just want the motherfucker gone. We will never win shit with him at the helm. Over 25 years there has been but one constant, and it's that fucking redneck hillbilly piece of shit. I am fucking done. I haven't been this done since I was idealistic enough to think there might be others out there as done as me who might want to try and affect change by hitting him in his pocketbook. I have bought one jersey since I started my boycott 11 years ago. It won't fucking happen again. Not as long as that man has breath.

Cotton

Staff member

Unreal.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

You can go straight to hell.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

You can go straight to hell.
It was the best we have seen the defense to start a game. Then 2 fumbles and the wheels fell off. Still in disbelief we were down to one starter on the oline, and our worst starter at that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Then 2 fumbles and the wheels fell off. Still in disbelief we were down to one starter on the oline, and our worst starter at that.
Yeah, I still don't think most people (not the ones here) realize just how horrible this OL is. In just a few years we went from the best OL in football to maybe the worst. Look at that collection of scrubs out there -- a bunch of free agents and low draft picks. We've gone from a group of almost all Pro Bowlers to not a single good player on the line.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The defense was decent for about a quarter or so but they were still generally horrible, the only reason there isn't too much outrage is because they've been historically horrible most of the year and last night was kind of "normal horrible" for the NFL.

Even with the turnovers they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and force a FG, including on the drive following the Dalton INT which started on like the Cardinals 35, and of course they gave up an 80-yard bomb to a QB who could barely hit the broad side of a barn.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I still don't think most people (not the ones here) realize just how horrible this OL is. In just a few years we went from the best OL in football to maybe the worst. Look at that collection of scrubs out there -- a bunch of free agents and low draft picks. We've gone from a group of almost all Pro Bowlers to not a single good player on the line.
This is true, although the OL didn't have much to do with the 21-0 hole that was built. That was a combination of Elliott's fumbles and the inability to get off the field, and of course the bomb to Kirk.

With a better OL maybe we're looking at 21-7 or 21-10, maybe, but it's not like the Cardinals strip sacked Dalton and took it back for a TD.

Top Bottom