2020 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter | Browns @ Cowboys | 10/4/2020

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
They need to simplify things. You can't go from running mostly one coverage to running 15 different coverages and expect the guys to get it. You have to slowly build into it. Same thing with all the stuff you're doing with the front 7. Especially with a bunch of young guys like Diggs and Wilson. Same goes for the front 7. Hell Jaylon is barely capable of knowing his assignments in a simple defense.

Work towards a complex defense but you can't jump into the extreme right away.
Tampa-2 until these dummies show they can handle anything else. At least make the opponents work to move down the field.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He escaped the Dallas dysfunction to have success with the Chiefs, as did about half of that team.

:budd:budd
2 Sacks in 3 games. Crawford has 1 in his last 8 games.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I agree you need a base to start with. We have none.
Just dumb it down as much as possible. I don't care if it's 'predictable'. The team clearly can't handle anything else at this point. Start at being competent and build from there, but the current defense can do NOTHING RIGHT.

But to me, it's got to be a scheme issue, because the entire team of players didn't suddenly all become terrible at once. The majority of them have shown in the past that they can actually play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just dumb it down as much as possible. I don't care if it's 'predictable'. The team clearly can't handle anything else at this point. Start at being competent and build from there, but the current defense can do NOTHING RIGHT.

But to me, it's got to be a scheme issue, because the entire team of players didn't suddenly all become terrible at once. The majority of them have shown in the past that they can actually play.

It's sad but I'd take a Dave Campo defense at this point. Simple and mediocre to bad but we would be so much better right now.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
It's sad but I'd take a Dave Campo defense at this point. Simple and mediocre to bad but we would be so much better right now.
This actually has me pining for the "good old days" with Marinelli!

(But fire him before the draft!)

Top Bottom