2020 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Seahawks | 9/27/2020

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Or ignorance being bliss or some such thing.

It's still $8 million wasted this year. $8 million that could have been better used, or saved to roll over into a tight 2021 cap year.
What are we going to be able to do about it now?

Nothing.

Time for that is past so just be thankful that its not longer.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
What are we going to be able to do about it now?

Nothing.

Time for that is past so just be thankful that its not longer.
I'm not "thankful" for any of it. Especially when I, along with everyone else, have seen that it's been a bad deal for years.

There's not silver lining here, and no minimizing the abject stupidity that's continued to go on.

It's a colossal fuck up.

No sugar coating it.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Staff member
I'm not "thankful" for any of it. Especially when I, along with everyone else, have seen that it's been a bad deal for years.

There's not silver lining here, and no minimizing the abject stupidity that's continued to go on.

It's a colossal fuck up.

No sugar coating it.
Again. Im not denying any of that. I just choose to look forward instead of backwards. Next year is another chance for them to pay somebody else

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I already knew the answer, sadly.
I was kidding... mostly. :unsure

But a couple of things: One, we don't know what round they'd lose in. There's a lot of time left between now and then to improve.

And two, as Geng said, it's his first year, and in a screwed up Covid year at that.

By my count he has about eight and a half left. :tippytoe

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think to be fair you have to give McCarthy 3 years.

If next year we're still seeing what we've seen the past 2 weeks then he's going to be on a very hot seat going into year 3 unless we somehow overcome those mistakes/undisciplined play and make a run.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Again. Im not denying any of that. I just choose to look forward instead of backwards. Next year is another chance for them to pay somebody else
Actually, with the impact of COVID, combined with a big price tag for Dak, they're in rough shape. A big part of why I'm pissed off that they wasted the opportunity to cut dead weight and gain needed cap space for the future with Crawford. They're never getting that money back.

It's frustrating to scream about the iceberg and see the captain refuse to change course.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Like Aldon Smith.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Actually, with the impact of COVID, combined with a big price tag for Dak, they're in rough shape. A big part of why I'm pissed off that they wasted the opportunity to cut dead weight and gain needed cap space for the future with Crawford. They're never getting that money back.

It's frustrating to scream about the iceberg and see the captain refuse to change course.
You keep talking about money wasted in past years. Who cares? The cap resets ever year, so money spent in the past doesn't matter.

Rev

Staff member

Well Jerry hasnt changed in 25 years and his son is just as bad. A lot of icebergs still ahead. Cant wait for the grandson to take over.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think to be fair you have to give McCarthy 3 years.

If next year we're still seeing what we've seen the past 2 weeks then he's going to be on a very hot seat going into year 3 unless we somehow overcome those mistakes/undisciplined play and make a run.
I'm not running him out of town.

More like voicing that I expected so much more, that's all.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That's exactly it.

He's a very good NFL QB, but not an elite one.

Unfortunately, you can't let that walk because it's not easy to replace. There are at least 20 NFL teams who would trade places with us at QB.

Like I said yesterday, I guess you just have to live with the fact that you're always going to have to help him. And I don't mean in obvious ways, I mean that he's always going to need to have certain pieces in place for him to get you where you want to go that the truly elite don't always need.
I think that's how most Cowboys fans assess Dak.

You'll drive yourself crazy and will almost always be disappointed if you try to hold him to the same standard of play of that small group of elite QBs. He's still one of the top 7-10 QBs in football.

Teams with QBs who are comparable or worse than Dak go to Super Bowls quite regularly. The difference is they have the proper support structure in place (defense, coaching, etc.). Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, and Rex Grossman are Exhibits A, B, & C.

Top Bottom