2020 Season | Opening Night Chatter Thread | Texans @ Chiefs | 9/10/2020

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It’s total comedy watching this OL get shredded when they know it’s a pass.

Stills is garbage

data

Forbes #1
If it weren't for that missed FG, Texans actually would have a shot.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Every year there are always teams who are kind of irrelevant year after year, they generally win around 8-9 games, make the playoffs here and there, but they aren't really good or bad enough to draw too much attention one way or the other. Then out of nowhere the bottom falls out, everyone is shocked, they go like 4-12, fire the coach and have a top 5 pick.

I feel like this could be one of those years for the Texans. I don't think Watson's helter skelter style is going to work so well without Hopkins bailing him out on 50/50 balls and their defense has lost some of it's toughness at the POA losing Reader and Clowney the last two years.

If Watt goes down again it's going to be a real shit show.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If this is how the Texans play the rest of this year, they get bitchslapped by their own division.
Nope. Bitchslapped by their own GM

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Every year there are always teams who are kind of irrelevant year after year, they generally win around 8-9 games, make the playoffs here and there, but they aren't really good or bad enough to draw too much attention one way or the other. Then out of nowhere the bottom falls out, everyone is shocked, they go like 4-12, fire the coach and have a top 5 pick.
Dude, you just described the Cowboys over the last 10 years almost to a tee. Even got the "fire the coach" right. :towel

Cotton

Staff member

Pat N Dunk?

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dude, you just described the Cowboys over the last 10 years almost to a tee. Even got the "fire the coach" right. :towel
We were the 1 seed like 4 years ago, I wouldn't put us in that same category. I think the fact that we won 8 games the year that we cratered is an indication that we were always too talented to go like 4-12 unless we had a series of catastrophic injuries.

Cotton

Staff member
We were the 1 seed like 4 years ago, I wouldn't put us in that same category. I think the fact that we won 8 games the year that we cratered is an indication that we were always too talented to go like 4-12 unless we had a series of catastrophic injuries.
We had one catastrophic injury and went 4-12.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Pat N Dunk?
He actually wasn't very accurate at all last night. But their weapons are just so much better than anything the Texans have. It was get the ball in guys hands, block and pet them get YAC. Watson also looked like he really couldn't handle not having a big WR with strong hands. They have too many guys who basically do the same thing. I think the Texans could struggle a lot this year.

Top Bottom