2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I mean, if they got a 6th for any of those players it’d be a coup. No harm in trying.
Don't listen to Booze. He is just cantankerous.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
McCarthy is almost certainly getting another year, the best we can hope for is a Nolan firing/purge of the defensive staff.

You just have to hope that next year is definitive one way or the other, like either 11-5 and winning a playoff game or two, or missing the playoffs completely. Worst case scenario would be the team bumbling around, backing into the playoffs or winning the division with some uninspiring 9-7 record and buying McCarthy more time.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A lot of things have gone wrong with this season, but one thing that seems underreported is that apparently Al Harris sucks as a secondary coach.
So does Scott McCurley as the LBer coach.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

My concerns:

1) He's only shown flashes of ability
2) He personally lost the Broncos game by committing two bone-headed personal fouls
3) He's already been in trouble with the law
4) By forking over a high pick, he'll have all the leverage because you're basically forced to re-sign him (think Leonard Williams w/ the Giants). Otherwise, you've thrown away a #2.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

My concerns:

1) He's only shown flashes of ability
2) He personally lost the Broncos game by committing two bone-headed personal fouls
3) He's already been in trouble with the law
4) By forking over a high pick, he'll have all the leverage because you're basically forced to re-sign him (think Leonard Williams w/ the Giants). Otherwise, you've thrown away a #2.
He was such a stud coming out of Alabama. I'd be tempted but not for a second plus more. If we had a late second I'd do that straight up. Problem is we may have a top few picks second rounder. Almost a first

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He was such a stud coming out of Alabama. I'd be tempted but not for a second plus more. If we had a late second I'd do that straight up. Problem is we may have a top few picks second rounder. Almost a first
Yeah. At this point maybe a third would be stomachable.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And yet somehow we haven't gotten better whatsoever and here we are going into week 8, funny how that works.
Incorrect. If the goal is a top 3-5 draft pick, then maintaining the status quo is how we get better to achieve that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom