2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Unless Jones actually has a racist opinion, it would be stupid for him not to say anything at this point. I know he's been on a log yacht vacation, but he proved during the draft that he could broadcast quite effectively from it.

The pervading opinion all over the nation is white folks, especially those in leadership positions, need to say something because when they don't it carries the message not only to people of color but also the actual white racists out there that there is a white majority that does not sympathize or side with them in any way.

I personally could GAS what Jerry f'ing Jones says about this, but in his role as defacto leader of the Cowboys he really needs to.

I don't think he quite gets what's happening in the country at the moment. Drew Brees made the same mistake, and he's about as good a guy as you're going to find. Jones is already an asshole... being silent tells the people of color on the team they on their own when it comes to racial equality.

It also tells actual racists that one less person in power actually cares if they are racist, hence encouraging them.

Reinforcing the opinion that racism is wrong, especially to young folks, is also important. It's not obvious to all people that racism is seriously fucked up.

Y'know, great power/great responsibility and all that.

Wut

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Because he knows that anything he says, outside of "I fully support BLM and everything these protesters are standing for" his words will somehow be turned racist. That's what this idiot society has turned into. He is smart to just sit back and not say anything.
And then he will be asked why he isn't donating to them. Then why hasn't he put BLM on the sideline. Then it will be something else.

It is never enough.

The best play is to ignore them and they will eventually move on

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Because he knows that anything he says, outside of "I fully support BLM and everything these protesters are standing for" his words will somehow be turned racist. That's what this idiot society has turned into.
That's a bit extreme, right? When has publicly supporting BLM and slamming racism in all its forms gotten turned against someone?

Now if I tell you saying nothing will be interpreted as indirectly supporting racism and you immediately say nothing...

I get that Goodell officially speaks for the NFL, and it's also clear that's not enough for a lot of folks, starting with our two new DTs.

It's not like Jerry doesn't have help to craft a proper and firm statement. He can also simply say he and other owners have been directed by the league office not to address this directly and let the league office handle it while firmly supporting the NFL's stance against racism.

Easy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's a bit extreme, right? When has publicly supporting BLM and slamming racism in all its forms gotten turned against someone?
What if he doesn't support the organization that is BLM? I certainly don't. They are a horrifically corrupt organization.

Genghis Khan

Now if I tell you saying nothing will be interpreted as indirectly supporting racism and you immediately say nothing...

I get that Goodell officially speaks for the NFL, and it's also clear that's not enough for a lot of folks, starting with our two new DTs.

It's not like Jerry doesn't have help to craft a proper and firm statement. He can also simply say he and other owners have been directed by the league office not to address this directly and let the league office handle it while firmly supporting the NFL's stance against racism.

Easy.

Why in the world would you have to publicly support BLM?

Genghis Khan

Also, why does one have to publicly slam racism? That's basically guilty unless proven inncocent. That you are against racism should be a given. Fuck witch hunts, in all its forms. If you've done or said something that is racist or hateful, that's different. Otherwise, stop trying to bully people into falling in lockstep with your own personal crusade.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Also, why does one have to publicly slam racism? That's basically guilty unless proven inncocent. That you are against racism should be a given. Fuck witch hunts, in all its forms. If you've done or said something that is racist or hateful, that's different. Otherwise, stop trying to bully people into falling in lockstep with your own personal crusade.
That's just it... you and I know that, but folks feeling the effects of racism every day do not.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They are, but you separate the org from the cause itself. There are ways of saying this that don't reflect that Marxist group itself.
No, there is not. Wanna know why? Because they have positioned the organization as the face of the movement. So, if you say you support BLM you are supporting the organization. They created those rules.

Now, you can say I am all for fixing whatever racism exists and I plan on dedicating resources to that end without saying you support BLM.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Now, you can say I am all for fixing whatever racism exists and I plan on dedicating resources to that end without saying you support BLM.
So why doesn't he? It's a simple thing to do.

I know he's been on his yacht, my friends saw him go by on his way past San Francisco.

Doesn't mean you don't at least say something to your own players, even internally.

This crap makes it look like the Cowboys don't have their own house in order.

Of course Jones doesn't know a damned thing about police brutality, that's not the point.

Wrong or right, leaders at all levels, government and private, are being called out. There is no staying silent on this for people in leadership positions.

All Jones has to say is 'the Dallas Cowboys and NFL will continue strive to create an atmosphere of racial equality for it's people and fans... we're not there yet' yada yada

Simple.

Not saying anything at all discourages Jones' employees of color and others he has sway with while also emboldening racists within that same purview.

Brees got caught in crossfire, being asked a question in one context whose answer was interpreted in another. Brees is about as far away from being a racist as a white person gets. He just didn't understand that his answer was going to be interpreted as a major dis to black protesters.

Jerry Jones totally knows it at this point, yacht vacation or not.
No he doesn’t have to say shit. And fuck anyone who tries to say otherwise. Him saying nothing means nothing other than he ain’t getting in the middle of it. Let these idiots kneel during the flag, and do their little thing, who gives a shit anymore. But to say Jerry needs to say something is ludicrous.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
So why doesn't he? It's a simple thing to do.

I know he's been on his yacht, my friends saw him go by on his way past San Francisco.

Doesn't mean you don't at least say something to your own players, even internally.

This crap makes it look like the Cowboys don't have their own house in order.
If Poe is so interested in Jones' stance on this subject, then why didn't he ask him BEFORE he signed with the team? It's not like any of these issues just popped up over the past few months.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Poe is so interested in Jones' stance on this subject, then why didn't he ask him BEFORE he signed with the team? It's not like any of these issues just popped up over the past few months.
Because asking him privately how he felt wouldn't get nearly the attention and faux outrage of getting in front of a microphone and calling him out from afar.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
So, wait a minute. What if Jerry Jones doesn't want to say what Poe is asking him to say? Should he be forced to do so? GTFOH.
Jerry ought to call Poe into his office and explain his stance to him privately.

Nothing more should be said about it. You don’t get to cash million dollar checks from your boss and on top of that demand he conform to your beliefs. How about do your job and shut the fuck up?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’d love for Jones to put out a statement that says he doesn’t support BLM, he supports equal justice and equal opportunity. If that’s his stance.

And if one or more of his players can’t handle that, let Roger Goodell figure out a way to let those players walk with no repercussions as far as the cap is concerned.

Who cares. Next man up.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Get a real 8-5 and protest on your own time. Leave this shit out of sports and entertainment.

You’re ruining it for the rest of us.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Of course Jones doesn't know a damned thing about police brutality, that's not the point.

Wrong or right, leaders at all levels, government and private, are being called out. There is no staying silent on this for people in leadership positions.

All Jones has to say is 'the Dallas Cowboys and NFL will continue strive to create an atmosphere of racial equality for it's people and fans... we're not there yet' yada yada

Simple.

Not saying anything at all discourages Jones' employees of color and others he has sway with while also emboldening racists within that same purview.

Brees got caught in crossfire, being asked a question in one context whose answer was interpreted in another. Brees is about as far away from being a racist as a white person gets. He just didn't understand that his answer was going to be interpreted as a major dis to black protesters.

Jerry Jones totally knows it at this point, yacht vacation or not.
Didn’t the Cowboys already release a statement like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom