2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I don’t think Carr is quite as awful as some here think. I’m sure I could find some arbitrary, obscure stat like 4th QTR passer rating when trailing by 10+ and it’s 3rd and 15 or more that makes it seem like he’s alright, but I don’t like him on a personal basis.

He looks weird, and seems to have the leadership capability of a burnt hot dog. For that basis alone I don’t want him, regardless of how cheap he could be. He does still actually suck at football, too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don’t think Carr is quite as awful as some here think. I’m sure I could find some arbitrary, obscure stat like 4th QTR passer rating when trailing by 10+ and it’s 3rd and 15 or more that makes it seem like he’s alright, but I don’t like him on a personal basis.

He looks weird, and seems to have the leadership capability of a burnt hot dog. For that basis alone I don’t want him, regardless of how cheap he could be. He does still actually suck at football, too.
So you say he is not quite as awful as some think and then you go on to say he has the leadership capacity of a burnt hot dog and admit he sucks at football.

Okay then.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Not just that, is he going to play special teams?
Mike Fisher was on 1053 today arguing Dez is worth a spot and they brought up this and Fish had to admit probably not.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Hey, not quite as awful as some people say and sucks at football are two separate things. You guys are making it sound like he’s some bum that has no business lining up under center. If he had some weapons on the outside, I could see him putting up numbers that place him on that top 12-13 fringe.

But does he also suck a lot of times, too? Sure. It’s Friday night, if that’s the mountain you want to die on, let’s go old man. :marinelli

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mike Fisher was on 1053 today arguing Dez is worth a spot and they brought up this and Fish had to admit probably not.
It is one of those things that remind me that, damn, we got a long six months ahead.

Nobody can bitch about the coaching staff because they are new. Nobody can bitch about the free agents since Dallas could literally pay everyone.

Then you get this stupid horseshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude. Derek Carr sucks.

Say what you want about Prescott, but if any part of your solution includes Derek Carr, it is just wrong.
Yep I just can't put any stock in a guys talent evaluation if he thinks Derek Carr is the solution.

data

Forbes #1
FYI...for the last two seasons...
Derek Carr’s ANY/A is 6.64
Dak Prescott 7.06
Mahomes 8.66
Brees 8.41
Russell Wilson 7.36
Kirk Cousins 7.01
Philip Rivers 7.00
Matt Ryan 6.89
Rodgers 6.84
DeShaun Watson 6.75
Brady 6.73
Matt Stafford 6.60
Carson Wentz 6.52
Jamie’s Winston 6.24
Mariota 5.80
Trubisky 5.75

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
That's a valid concern to have.

I really hope that would not be the case.
Ever think maybe that’s why so many guys are hoping Witten just moves on down the road?
We all know Jerry has a hard time parting with guys he loves, which usually leads to these same guys getting preferential treatment or access to Jerry and Goof Son. Which is exactly the type of bullshit I hoped would change under a new head coach.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:rolleyes

No fucking shit.

Is anyone under the illusion that their opinion matters here? We’re just venting fellas.
LOL exactly. I don’t know of anyone here that believes anything discussed here has any bearing on what Jerry or Stephen or any player on the Cowboys does or doesn’t do.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
What’s this shit about Dez possibly coming back because of the coaching change?

Does Jerry have to do it because he did it for Witten?

How does he say no? I mean, other than maybe Bryant is a has been who’s lost a few steps but still has the same personality, and that makes him not good enough to warrant a roster spot.

What I’m saying is, how do they say no? How does that look to people that just watched a year of Witten lumbering around out there as a starter when clearly Jarwin was a better option?

I can’t wait to see the twitter shit storm from Bryant when Jerry tells him they’ve moved on.

data

Forbes #1
What’s this shit about Dez possibly coming back because of the coaching change?

Does Jerry have to do it because he did it for Witten?

How does he say no? I mean, other than maybe Bryant is a has been who’s lost a few steps but still has the same personality, and that makes him not good enough to warrant a roster spot.

What I’m saying is, how do they say no? How does that look to people that just watched a year of Witten lumbering around out there as a starter when clearly Jarwin was a better option?

I can’t wait to see the twitter shit storm from Bryant when Jerry tells him they’ve moved on.
Don't worry about it. Dez has a Twitter account and that's the only reason there's any press on it. Has about as much credibility as Aikman becoming Cowboys GM.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Don't worry about it. Dez has a Twitter account and that's the only reason there's any press on it. Has about as much credibility as Aikman becoming Cowboys GM.
Well, I can see you’re in no mood to deal with this bullshit, Mr Grumpy pants.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Your avatar makes me want to skin kittens.

Cotton

Staff member
Seems he couldn’t put Tom in Roger’s jersey
He might have found himself posting at the Zone if he had.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Brady would wear #10, his old college number. Keep the dream alive.

Cotton

Staff member
on second thought, it would be cruel to saddle him with an overpaid fraud like Cooper
You have officially exited the reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom