2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not even close. Pretty much everybody on this board for the last six months has been all for resigning him.

Was anybody against it, besides you? I don't remember.
No kidding Cooper helps us have one of the best offenses in football last year. The dumbest thing we could have done is let him leave. Home and away splits are nothing but a quirk of the coaching staff.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
No kidding Cooper helps us have one of the best offenses in football last year. The dumbest thing we could have done is let him leave. Home and away splits are nothing but a quirk of the coaching staff.
And other circumstances as well.

Does the fact he was injured against the Jets count? Not for some people!

Does the fact that the weather in New England was abysmal and nobody had a good day? Not for some people!

Does the fact that Dak was injured and played poorly at the Eagles factor in? Again, not for some people!

His 2019 performances @ Washington, @ The Giants, and @ Chicago, were certainly good enough for the team to win with.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
RIght.

bbgun can die on that stupid hill all by himself.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And other circumstances as well.

Does the fact he was injured against the Jets count? Not for some people!

Does the fact that the weather in New England was abysmal and nobody had a good day? Not for some people!

Does the fact that Dak was injured and played poorly at the Eagles factor in? Again, not for some people!

enjoy your expensive, part-time player

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I don't know how anyone can look at Dak pre Cooper and post Cooper and for a second think that letting Cooper walk would be a good idea. Especially when Cooper is still such a young player. It may be different if the dude was 29 or 30.
I notice that even the most outspoken critic here won't touch the fact that their chosen course of action involved letting your 2019 1st round pick walk out the door. Because it shoots their position to shit.

The fact is that this deal was locked in the second they traded that 1st round pick for him without an extension.

If people are compelled to 'bitch' about something, that's the place to start.

Bitch about your team doing bad business from the jump.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
OK, but what will you do? Start following another team?
:shrug
Why? Because they overpaid? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the notion that our #1 wideout can't play in the rain. Conditions gotta be perfect I guess. :ez

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Why? Because they overpaid? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the notion that our #1 wideout can't play in the rain. Conditions gotta be perfect I guess. :ez
So then how is it only my problem that the Cowboys re-signed the player?

If you're still here as a Cowboys fan, isn't it then our problem?

How is it that I get the blame as a fan and not you?

How do your rules work?

You still won't come out and say that you think it would have been a good idea for the team to let their 2019 1st round pick walk out the door. Don't think people haven't noticed. You want to have your cake and eat it too, that's clear.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You realize that all passing offenses in the NFL suffer when weather conditions are shitty right?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You realize that all passing offenses in the NFL suffer when weather conditions are shitty right?
can't play in adverse conditions, can't beat elite corners like Slay or Gilmore, etc. he's fucking wonderful.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Agree with the first part, but am concerned about the road splits.

That’s a seriously conservative trend that needs to be addressed. Calling it a Garrettism is oversimplifying it.

It’s a result of coaching, Cooper, and Dak, and we’ve only changed one of the three.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Those home/away splits were never a problem before. And only one of those three would have had reason to be coaching or playing scared for their job, and might do things differently away from the comforts of home.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Those home/away splits were never a problem before. And only one of those three would have had reason to be coaching or playing scared for their job, and might do things differently away from the comforts of home.
All three were in their contract's final year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom