2020 Injuries Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This is why you need preseason.

As much as these players think they don't need it to get ready for the season, they do. They maybe don't need 4 games, but you can't spend 9 months between live action and the physical contact that comes with it and expect the body to respond without issue.

That's why even if they play anywhere from 2 to 4 quarters of preseason ball, it is at least a gradual progression towards getting the body ready.

I'd say this is a win for coaches when it comes to the next CBA.
I think there needs to be preseason games as well but I don't think things like blown ACL and ankle sprains can be attributed to not having preseason games. The soft tissue injuries seem like the type of injuries where you'd see a significant increase without a proper offseason.

College football jumps right into their season and I don't think they have an inordinate amount of early season injuries compared to the rest of the season.

Maybe I'm wrong but this year's surge in injuries could just be an anomaly that coincided with the lack of a preseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think there needs to be preseason games as well but I don't think things like blown ACL and ankle sprains can be attributed to not having preseason games. The soft tissue injuries seem like the type of injuries where you'd see a significant increase without a proper offseason.

College football jumps right into their season and I don't think they have an inordinate amount of early season injuries compared to the rest of the season.

Maybe I'm wrong but this year's surge in injuries could just be an anomaly that coincided with the lack of a preseason.
It's not just preseason. It's an offseason of sitting at home and working out on their own instead of being in team facilities. I just don't think these guys had the physical ramp up to get their bodies ready. Imstead it went from sitting on the couch to playing football games too quickly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Top Bottom