2020 Draft Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wonder if it's a team going up for a QB or if they just really want Chase Young. That would be a steep price to go up for a DE unless it's a team already really close to that pick.
Has to be Young but if it's a QB that makes tomorrow that much more interesting. Heck, I'd move up to 2 if I could do it for basically our first 3 picks this year and next year's 1.

Young is that rare of a prospect in my opinion, and while it'd suck huge balls to see him in Washington, I think even a HOF-type career out of him doesn't meaningfully boost the team unless they can also overhaul basically everything else except their DL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Teams looking to move up to 2 have to be doing it for Young and not a QB. If it was for a QB you just trade to 3 for a reduced price.
But then you run the risk of someone else trading up to 2 and taking your QB. I doubt that teams look at Tua and Herbert as interchangeable. They are very different QBs. And frankly a healthy Tua may garner that type of trade up. But with his injury concerns I can't see how anyone would take that kind of a risk with future first round picks. And Herbert just isn't worth trading up for in my opinion.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not 2020 draft related but a little draft history for you all.

On this day 10 years ago, your Oklahoma Sooners became the only school in history to have 3 players selected in the top 4 of the same draft.

1. Sam Bradford
3. Gerald McCoy
4. Trent Williams

#BoomerSooner

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Not 2020 draft related but a little draft history for you all.

On this day 10 years ago, your Oklahoma Sooners became the only school in history to have 3 players selected in the top 4 of the same draft.

1. Sam Bradford
3. Gerald McCoy
4. Trent Williams

#BoomerSooner
Congratulations, asshole. That post caused Bradford to tear his ACL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This would really be helpful in pushing another player down to Dallas. The more tackles the better.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

This would really be helpful in pushing another player down to Dallas. The more tackles the better.
I think it's for a QB, but let it be for an OT. The more OTs who go early, the better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's for a QB, but let it be for an OT. The more OTs who go early, the better.
If you're trading up why tell teams what it's for? Seems like it would be silly this far in advance to be telling the world we are trying to trade up for an OT if you're really trying to trade up for an OT. I guess no one is trading up for picks 1 and 2 for an OT so there isn't much harm in this situation but just seems fishy to me.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If you're trading up why tell teams what it's for? Seems like it would be silly this far in advance to be telling the world we are trying to trade up for an OT if you're really trying to trade up for an OT. I guess no one is trading up for picks 1 and 2 for an OT so there isn't much harm in this situation but just seems fishy to me.
I agree. It seems really strange to make an announcement like that, which is why I don't believe them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lots of smokescreens this time of year.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Unless it's our team. We don't send out smokescreens because Jerry doesn't want to confuse himself.
I hope that is true. Saw an article today saying the Cowboys were not locked in to taking a CB early. WR is ridiculously crowded this year. CB is pretty decent too.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I hope that is true. Saw an article today saying the Cowboys were not locked in to taking a CB early. WR is ridiculously crowded this year. CB is pretty decent too.
And we shouldn't be dialed in on any position, especially a fucking DB.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If we take Terrell at 17 I will lose my shit.
He has a hard-on for Terrell. He used to post on another board that I follow and he would regularly pull guys out of his ass like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom