2020 Cowboys Schedule Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
8-8 is not implausible. We lost our leading sacker, #1 corner, all-pro center, and savvy third wideout. LVE is a question mark at best. It's uncertain if their replacements will be any better. OTOH, we lost a few games thanks to special teams alone, so if that area is vastly improved, double digit wins are within reach.
Stop defending Jason Garrett.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Every Cowboys coach deserves a public defender. Whenever someone claims that this coach "is teh worst evar", it's your duty to argue that this coach is at least average. Please note this is a lifelong commitment. Below is the sign-up sheet.

Barry Switzer:
Chan Gailey:
Dave Campo:
Wade Phillips:
Jason Garrett: mschmidt64

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Every Cowboys coach deserves a public defender. Whenever someone claims that this coach "is teh worst evar", it's your duty to argue that this coach is at least average. Please note this is a lifelong commitment. Below is the sign-up sheet.

Barry Switzer:
Chan Gailey:
Dave Campo:
Wade Phillips:
fuck it I’ll fall on the Campo sword...if only we’d have given Hutchinson a few more starts we would have won a title by 2006.

data

Forbes #1
fuck it I’ll fall on the Campo sword...if only we’d have given Hutchinson a few more starts we would have won a title by 2006.
In retrospect, we went from being a bad 5-11 team to possibly Top 5 all-time 5-11 team.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The one year I was actually hoping to play the NY Giants for a season opener, the NFL denies me that gift.

I wanted to see this team capitalize on Garrett's coaching decisions as soon as possible.

Remember how Jon Gruden and Tampa players gleefully bragged about how they knew exactly what the Raiders' plays were during the Super Bowl because Bill Callahan hadn't changed anything after taking over the job? That's what I expect to see from the Cowboys during their first game against the Giants.

Sucks that I have to wait until week 5 now.

Cotton

Staff member
The one year I was actually hoping to play the NY Giants for a season opener, the NFL denies me that gift.

I wanted to see this team capitalize on Garrett's coaching decisions as soon as possible.

Remember how Jon Gruden and Tampa players gleefully bragged about how they knew exactly what the Raiders' plays were during the Super Bowl because Bill Callahan hadn't changed anything after taking over the job? That's what I expect to see from the Cowboys during their first game against the Giants.

Sucks that I have to wait until week 5 now.
Yep, same.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Long story short, half their defense is composed of JAG's who probably shouldn't even be starters and unless we start slow because of the new coaching staff/Dak situation our offense should roll and our defense should be able to hold up enough for something like a 30-24 type of win.
So what you're saying is they're essentially the type of team that routinely gave Garrett trouble. His coaching record is littered with losses to teams who the Cowboys had no business losing to.

I'm a little more hopeful this time around now that he's out of the picture.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Barry Switzer:
Chan Gailey:
Dave Campo:
Wade Phillips:
I know there are some Chan Gailey supporters on here

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
CNN thinks we got screwed

Dallas Cowboys
This is an interesting one given that, by strength of schedule, Dallas has the third-easiest slate in the NFL. However, I don’t see many pockets on their schedule that provide a soft landing spot if they’re in a rough patch (not uncommon with a new head coach). In fact, I don’t count a single two-game stretch that would automatically lead me to pencil in a pair of wins for the Cowboys without thinking twice.

The Cowboys start the season with road trips to Los Angeles (Rams) and Seattle within the first three weeks (their home game is against the Falcons). Within the first eight weeks they have three prime time games followed by another stretch of three prime time games in four weeks at the end of the season (counting the Thanksgiving matchup at 4:25).

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Dallas Cowboys
This is an interesting one given that, by strength of schedule, Dallas has the third-easiest slate in the NFL. However, I don’t see many pockets on their schedule that provide a soft landing spot if they’re in a rough patch (not uncommon with a new head coach). In fact, I don’t count a single two-game stretch that would automatically lead me to pencil in a pair of wins for the Cowboys without thinking twice.

The Cowboys start the season with road trips to Los Angeles (Rams) and Seattle within the first three weeks (their home game is against the Falcons). Within the first eight weeks they have three prime time games followed by another stretch of three prime time games in four weeks at the end of the season (counting the Thanksgiving matchup at 4:25).
There is two ways to look at everything. I don't see a lot of easy stretches but I also don't see brutal stretches. We don't have to play 4 games in a row for example that look really tough to me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Dallas Cowboys

Pretty much what I'm saying.

This schedule looks menacing to me.

The reason it comes in as third easiest is because we play the abysmal-finishing Giants and Redskins twice each, plus the #1 overall draft pick team. So those 5 matches are really dragging down the W-L percentage. Those are three of the four worst finishing teams, and we play two of them twice. And those aren't as simple as saying "Bottom 5 opponents, chalk it up as a win," because they are always-tough divisional games.

And other than that - this schedule is actually pretty hard I think.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think this schedule is particularly hard. I guess we'll see.
So long as we play Washington and the Giants twice, it can't be called hard.

Two killer games-- at Minnesota and at Baltimore.

At Philly might have been also considered hard, a crapshoot at best-- back when we had a totally out of his depth guy in Garrett running things.

McCarthy is a different animal, and Philly on the road is going to be just another game. It's not even in bad weather.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
In my Dennis Green voice,

The schedule is what we thought it was, if you want to Crown it, go ahead and Crown it!!!!

Top Bottom