2020 Cowboys Cuts & Signings

p1_

DCC 4Life
I had heard some good things about Kamara

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not sure I understand this move. What's wrong with letting them compete?
it doesnt explain it, but I know that Forbath's kickoffs are on the weak side. It was a problem.

p1_

DCC 4Life
1596391591274.png

Check the kickoff and extra point stats.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Irrelevant to letting them compete. There's a really good chance Zuerlein beats him out but that's irrelevant.
It’s not a reason to eliminate competition. Apparently Fassel has his man

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Not sure I understand this move. What's wrong with letting them compete?
This was offered as a possible explanation and it does make sense. Given the total lack of off-season and no preseason, the Cowboys intention was to have their presumptive starters get all of the reps working together that they can. Essentially, under the current circumstances, you can't afford to have a competition as the reps are too hard to come by.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This was offered as a possible explanation and it does make sense. Given the total lack of off-season and no preseason, the Cowboys intention was to have their presumptive starters get all of the reps working together that they can. Essentially, under the current circumstances, you can't afford to have a competition as the reps are too hard to come by.

That may very well be the reasoning. I don't agree with it though. Especially at kicker. How many reps does a kicker need? With a tee they can essentially practice as long as they want by themselves.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
That may very well be the reasoning. I don't agree with it though. Especially at kicker. How many reps does a kicker need? With a tee they can essentially practice as long as they want by themselves.
Not sure that I do either, but that was the suggested line of thinking and does make sense from a certain point of view.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well, they do need to spend time on kickoff, PAT, and FG formations with teammates especially holders and coverage units. Having only one kicker definitely saves repeating at least some of those reps.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, they do need to spend time on kickoff, PAT, and FG formations with teammates especially holders and coverage units. Having only one kicker definitely saves repeating at least some of those reps.
Again, I'm sure having to be under 80 players put them in a bit of a numbers crunch. It reduces your ability to have real competition everywhere. If they thought kicker was pretty well set it was an easy way to free up a roster spot.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Doesn't Fassel run a higher than average number of jap plays? Maybe not enough time to get Forbath proficient with running them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Again, I'm sure having to be under 80 players put them in a bit of a numbers crunch. It reduces your ability to have real competition everywhere. If they thought kicker was pretty well set it was an easy way to free up a roster spot.

This is the answer and I wouldn't otherwise have a problem with it except for the fact that Zuerlein wasn't great last year.

Top Bottom