2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The WRs did make bad drops, but he had a number of bad reads/throws.

Wow...awesome breakdown. Who is at fault? Doesn’t sound like it was Moores fault....sounds like it’s on Dak for not seeing the open WRs and/or not having the ball on the WR.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The WRs did make bad drops, but he had a number of bad reads/throws.

Im not trying to excuse his play because I really think the shoulder had something to do with it. I just wonder how many of those bad throws happened after the drops. Meaning had they caught those passes would those throws be made. I just didnt watch that close enough to say definitely either way.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It's our bread and butter and we don't use it. Strong running game and a mobile QB. Makes no sense.
Sure it does. What happened to all the motion Moore was using in preseason?
Just like the PA, it went away. Because a guy named Garrett wanted to run HIS shitty unproductive offense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure it does. What happened to all the motion Moore was using in preseason?
Just like the PA, it went away. Because a guy named Garrett wanted to run HIS shitty unproductive offense.
Well if there is one man capable of defying common sense and logic it is Garrett.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
what a strange season this was. Except for the Detroit game, Dallas blew out their opponent or got beat....

Every.Single.Time

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
what a strange season this was. Except for the Detroit game, Dallas blew out their opponent or got beat....

Every.Single.Time

To me that's a sign of a really poorly coached team with bad special teams. Special teams are almost always the difference in close games. We had the worst special teams in the NFL.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I fully expect the Cowboys to win the Redskins game but even so and with a good performance from Prescott, I can’t see giving him a high dollar contract. This was his go or no go year for being a top tier QB and despite his stats he has only been average in my opinion because he isn’t consistent. No contract yet. Tag him and that will send the message in itself. If he doesn’t become consistent next season then make the hard determination then.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I fully expect the Cowboys to win the Redskins game but even so and with a good performance from Prescott, I can’t see giving him a high dollar contract. This was his go or no go year for being a top tier QB and despite his stats he has only been average in my opinion because he isn’t consistent. No contract yet. Tag him and that will send the message in itself. If he doesn’t become consistent next season then make the hard determination then.
I like using the tag but have no faith jones & spawn will use it on Dak

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Remember how quickly Parcells prioritized Jason Ferguson?
He was the best available at the time. He hung in there in 2006 then got hurt. Fergy was a bit old and undersized to perfectly fit Parcells idea of the 3-4 NT.

Wade changed the whole scheme and it fit Fergy’s replacement Ratliff well, but imo any scheme with undersized NTs is missing the whole point of the position

Dedicate resources to talented big dudes up front on defense and you can have an average QB like Garoppolo leading you

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
How many were caused by passes thrown behind them? It’s no coincidence
Read the post about this a bit after my reply.

I know you watched the game and there were several drops that were perfectly thrown. There were several that were just a bit behind and should have been caught. There were several that were were bad throws.

I'm just not going to say that he alone shat the bed. I'm saying that the WRs made his performance look worse. His shoulder not being right made his performance look worse. He will always have some WTF throws but I'm not blaming the game on him. It was a collection of many things.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
He was the best available at the time. He hung in there in 2006 then got hurt. Fergy was a bit old and undersized to perfectly fit Parcells idea of the 3-4 NT.

Wade changed the whole scheme and it fit Fergy’s replacement Ratliff well, but imo any scheme with undersized NTs is missing the whole point of the position

Dedicate resources to talented big dudes up front on defense and you can have an average QB like Garoppolo leading you
Absolutely!
To me it's about dominating the LOS, on both sides of the ball. And Marinelli wants nothing to do with a massive bully or two who crush the inside of the pocket. And in my mind that's run stopping 101. Not to mention it opens up holes to blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom