2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Zeke has looked fat and slow for 2 seasons now. The hopeful side of me is-Last year, it was the legal troubles...this year maybe its because he missed training camp, which would give us a chance he rebounds.
The negative side of me says it could be the start of him going downhill since they ran him into the ground his first season. In that case, what a fucking waste of a first rounder and cap space.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Just execute better is like Garretts mantra. We literally do nothing on defense to confuse or outscheme anyone. It's crazy.

Has there ever been a Cowboys defense worse at creating turnovers? These guys are stunningly bad. Tied for the basement with the Lions for least interceptions in the league. It’s embarrassing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has there ever been a Cowboys defense worse at creating turnovers? These guys are stunningly bad. Tied for the basement with the Lions for least interceptions in the league. It’s embarrassing.

It's scheming. If a QB knows exactly what you're doing its really hard.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
This ain’t the whole story obviously but in 1989 when they went 1-15, the team got 7 interceptions all year. I don’t have any confidence they’re going to have any against McVay‘s team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s been a problem for a long, long time now, seemingly across coaching administrations.
I agree, Marinelli has been the consistent on that side of the ball whose calling card has always been simplicity. I will say last night it seemed like we mixed some stuff up. And Sean Lee played out of his mind. Seems like the guy sucks for games at a time but every once in awhile he looks like vintage Sean Lee. Last night he was vintage Sean Lee.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Has there ever been a Cowboys defense worse at creating turnovers?
Yes, and you don't even have to go that far back to find them.

The 2015 Cowboys were dead last in turnovers created that season.

This 2019 team has a putrid 15 total turnovers for the year with 2 games left to play -- that's still 1 more (14) than the 2015 Cowboys created in that entire season.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yes, and you don't even have to go that far back to find them.

The 2015 Cowboys were dead last in turnovers created that season.

This 2019 team has a putrid 15 total turnovers for the year with 2 games left to play -- that's still 2 more (14) than the 2015 Cowboys created in that entire season.
:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom