2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The guy who bought the site has a screw lose or something.
How is that any different than doomsday? That guy is a complete moron. No matter the subject, his take was always retarded. Kind of like dbair.

The DCU was once a pretty decent board. But it quickly fell off the cliff when Sheik sold it to doomsday.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
its pretty scant these days. The guy who bought the site has a screw lose or something and there have been probably half a dozen times where the site is unavailable for several days and each time, less people are around when it comes back up

He brought Doomsday back to moderate and probably try to get participation up but it may be a lost cause. Seems many of the folks that used to post there are posting here which I am starting to do as well.

Cant believe the guy bought the site and then screwed it up, a fool and his money as the saying goes....
Yep. dude ruined it

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
How is that any different than doomsday? That guy is a complete moron. No matter the subject, his take was always retarded. Kind of like dbair.

The DCU was once a pretty decent board. But it quickly fell off the cliff when Sheik sold it to doomsday.
Dooms was nothing like that guy that owns it now. Dooms didn't do anything to make shit worse there and the new guy has, unfortunately.

It was a cool place, even with limited membership it was a good place to post. Especially after you left.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
its pretty scant these days. The guy who bought the site has a screw lose or something and there have been probably half a dozen times where the site is unavailable for several days and each time, less people are around when it comes back up

He brought Doomsday back to moderate and probably try to get participation up but it may be a lost cause. Seems many of the folks that used to post there are posting here which I am starting to do as well.

Cant believe the guy bought the site and then screwed it up, a fool and his money as the saying goes....
I have a light presence there nowadays. The site issues and member defections wore me down. Anyway, Dooms instructed the new owner to put DCU on the same host he's using for his personal blog, which is paid up through December. Lord knows what will happen in January.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Lol good old Dooms. “Cowboys can make the playoffs at 6-10”
I believe he figured it down as low as 4-12. All you needed was a better division record than anybody else to win the division, and it wouldn't matter what their record was.

Definite moron.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Dooms was nothing like that guy that owns it now. Dooms didn't do anything to make shit worse there and the new guy has, unfortunately.

It was a cool place, even with limited membership it was a good place to post. Especially after you left.
:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
[h=1]Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Compares Dak Prescott to Tom Brady After Hot Start[/h] ADAM WELLSOCTOBER 4, 2019

Never known for being modest, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes he's got a quarterback on track to become the next Tom Brady.

During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan, Jones brought up Brady when asked if Dak Prescott is more like Tony Romo or Troy Aikman.

"I think he's more like Brady," he said. "We know Tom Brady and he's not Tom Brady. But he's evolving into a guy that will beat you. I think we got us one in Dak."

If you judge both quarterbacks based on raw numbers through their first three seasons as starters, Prescott has the edge over Brady in completion percentage (66.1 to 61.9), passing yards (10,876 to 10,227) and rating (96.0 to 86.0).

The biggest difference between them is Brady had two Super Bowl wins in his first three seasons as New England's quarterback. Prescott has led the Cowboys to two postseason berths, but just one playoff win.

Jones' comments would seem to work in Prescott's favor as he seeks a long-term extension. The two-time Pro Bowler is in the final season of his rookie contract, so being compared to arguably the greatest quarterback in NFL history can only help his leverage.

Another factor helping Prescott's leverage is his play on the field. He's led the Cowboys to a 3-1 start by completing 72.4 percent of his attempts for 1,143 yards and nine touchdowns.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2856620-cowboys-news-jerry-jones-compares-dak-prescott-to-tom-brady-after-hot-start

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's time to get Donovan Wilson on the field. With Frazier gone for the year, Heath is too valuable on ST to risk injury playing defense. ~looking away~

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Compares Dak Prescott to Tom Brady After Hot Start[/h] ADAM WELLSOCTOBER 4, 2019

Never known for being modest, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes he's got a quarterback on track to become the next Tom Brady.

During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan, Jones brought up Brady when asked if Dak Prescott is more like Tony Romo or Troy Aikman.

"I think he's more like Brady," he said. "We know Tom Brady and he's not Tom Brady. But he's evolving into a guy that will beat you. I think we got us one in Dak."

If you judge both quarterbacks based on raw numbers through their first three seasons as starters, Prescott has the edge over Brady in completion percentage (66.1 to 61.9), passing yards (10,876 to 10,227) and rating (96.0 to 86.0).

The biggest difference between them is Brady had two Super Bowl wins in his first three seasons as New England's quarterback. Prescott has led the Cowboys to two postseason berths, but just one playoff win.

Jones' comments would seem to work in Prescott's favor as he seeks a long-term extension. The two-time Pro Bowler is in the final season of his rookie contract, so being compared to arguably the greatest quarterback in NFL history can only help his leverage.

Another factor helping Prescott's leverage is his play on the field. He's led the Cowboys to a 3-1 start by completing 72.4 percent of his attempts for 1,143 yards and nine touchdowns.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2856620-cowboys-news-jerry-jones-compares-dak-prescott-to-tom-brady-after-hot-start
:jonesrocking

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It sure didn't help, where'd you go and why?

Anyone else feel like the season is over after today?
I don't feel like its over. I think these guys needed to wake up out of their slumber. At least they looked like they did in the second half yesterday. Hopefully it carries over. The next 2 games for this team are huge.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't feel like its over. I think these guys needed to wake up out of their slumber. At least they looked like they did in the second half yesterday. Hopefully it carries over. The next 2 games for this team are huge.
It's becoming clearer to me that this team needs to get back to the 2014/2016 formula of leaning on a run-heavy game plan.

Dak's not capable of shouldering the load. Why pay Zeke all that money if we're not going to give him 25 touches per week? He's the best player on offense and the OL did a great job run blocking even without their starting Tackles.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
not over. but the first 3 games were extremely misleading. Garrett should be anxious.
I think those first three games had them eating the cheese as Parcells would say. Now go out and beat the Jets and Eagles and get this shit back on track.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
not over. but the first 3 games were extremely misleading. Garrett should be anxious.
I think its over in the sense this bunch ain't winning any Super Bowls; they will probably rally and win enough to tease and perhaps make it into the playoffs for a one and done, but NO WAY this organization can string together 4 wins and they'll need 4 because they won't have a first round bye.

Jeri's gonna tie all the main players up for the next 3-4 years so the team you're seeing now is pretty much what they'll have going forward and Dak is the only one that I think can get better, the rest will slowly have their skills eroded from injury and time and we already see it happening with much of our line

Not that they had a chance to overcome the albatross of jeri and spawn but the hot start was tempting me to think otherwise but right on Q, the Cowboys shit the bed when they're up against good opponents and remind me how futile it is to ever think things will change for the better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom