2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

whatta maroon.
Notwithstanding my personal opinion of this guy, that statement is so silly it makes one wonder if there is an agenda to his comment.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Notwithstanding my personal opinion of this guy, that statement is so silly it makes one wonder if there is an agenda to his comment.
No agenda. He's just very limited in his sports knowledge. It's the main reason why 90% of First Take broadcasts are NBA & NFL related.....year round.

He's only a subject matter expert when it comes to the NBA but for some reason ESPN thought it was a good idea to have him comment on other sports as well. He gets himself into trouble when he tries to stray outside his area of expertise.

For instance, last year he was talking about how he couldn't wait to watch a matchup in an NFL between two players who weren't even on the rosters. One had been out for over 6 months with a season ending injury. The other had retired several months beforehand.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Taco needs some one on one with DLaw.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Which proves our inside DL is shitty at getting pressure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's why Quinn is so important. No one is double teaming Crawfords slow ass at RE. Shit you don't even need to block him he is so slow.

The Dolphins did a ton of max protect. The problem is our coverages weren't taking advatage. We had guys sitting in zone in the first half covering no one while the 2 or 3 guys running routes really just had single coverage. We adjusted in the second half and were much better. Anyway Quinn looked good. I think he will shorten his path to the QB as he gets in better shape. Once he does that offenses could be in trouble.

p1_

DCC 4Life
An injury-riddled Eagles secondary is welcoming back a familiar face.

Philadelphia is re-signing veteran cornerback Orlando Scandrick, a source told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo on Friday.

Scandrick spent the summer with the organization, signing a one-year deal in late July before his pre-season release in late August. The 32-year-old played seven games with the Chiefs in 2018 after spending 10 seasons with the Cowboys.

The vet will immediately bolster an Eagles defensive backfield set back by myriad injuries. Starting corner Ronald Darby missed Thursday's win over Green Bay with a hamstring injury, while Sidney Jones (hamstring) and Avonte Maddox (head/neck) both left the proceedings in medias res. Philly sealed the victory with special-teamer Craig James playing significant snaps at corner; before Thursday night, James had logged just one career defensive snap. Not to mention, Cre'von LeBlanc is on injured reserve and Jalen Mills is on PUP.

Philadelphia's next contest comes in nine days against the winless Jets. Scandrick should be up to speed by then, and the Eagles will hopefully be back to full health.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Bummer, but they said 2-4 weeks. They have the Jets and Philly after GB, then the bye. If the offense is clicking along they could potentially sit him through the bye week at which point he should definitely be 100%.

Or at the least have him back for Philly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bummer, but they said 2-4 weeks. They have the Jets and Philly after GB, then the bye. If the offense is clicking along they could potentially sit him through the bye week at which point he should definitely be 100%.

Or at the least have him back for Philly.
Yeah I'm guessing he sits for Greenbay (which sucks, it's the game we need him most). And then you might as well sit him for the Jets.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Have to admit I was skeptical about them signing Collins to that new contract. I didn't think he was anything more than maybe slightly above average previously.

But he has looked better this year through 3 games. What strength and conditioning work he did along with the technique stuff, it seems to have worked. Columbo as OL coach might be the best thing that could have happened for him.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Yeah I'm guessing he sits for Greenbay (which sucks, it's the game we need him most). And then you might as well sit him for the Jets.
For all the media hype there was about this dominant GB defense, it didn't look very good at all the other night. And their D has been trampled in the run game 3 weeks in a row now. The only game they didn't get run over was the Bears, who's offense is run by a pass happy retard.

Last 3 games GB has yielded 176 yds on 33 carries (Phi), 148yds on 38 carries (Den), & 198yds on 27 carries (Min)

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
For all the media hype there was about this dominant GB defense, it didn't look very good at all the other night. And their D has been trampled in the run game 3 weeks in a row now. The only game they didn't get run over was the Bears, who's offense is run by a pass happy retard.

Last 3 games GB has yielded 176 yds on 33 carries (Phi), 148yds on 38 carries (Den), & 198yds on 27 carries (Min)
so you are saying that the run will be shut down on that game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Have to admit I was skeptical about them signing Collins to that new contract. I didn't think he was anything more than maybe slightly above average previously.

But he has looked better this year through 3 games. What strength and conditioning work he did along with the technique stuff, it seems to have worked. Columbo as OL coach might be the best thing that could have happened for him.

funny, he's playing better with his deal done than Jaylon is. You wouldn't have thought that 4 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom