2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It’s a double edge situation. I think Jones will let Garrett go if he can find a candidate that’s deemed better than Garrett, however, if the Cowboys go into the playoffs regardless of their success, and a better candidate is not available then I think Jones might go for a contract extension with Garrett but not a new contract.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I really dont think he would have a problem getting a job regardless. The NFL is so starved for HC that they have Kingsbury and some of these other numbskulls.
He would get hired again and it's not even issue of his competence. The league recycles coaches over and over again.

Might not be a head coach again, immediately if not ever, but he'd be employed.

He'd also be a good college head coach.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It’s a double edge situation. I think Jones will let Garrett go if he can find a candidate that’s deemed better than Garrett, however, if the Cowboys go into the playoffs regardless of their success, and a better candidate is not available then I think Jones might go for a contract extension with Garrett but not a new contract.
A contract extension is a new contract.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
i think its obvious, if he doesn't make it to the NFC Championship game he's fired. If he does and we don't get blown out he stays. We have two of the best young coaches in the NFL on our staff, Garrett's leash is shorter than most.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
You would think your own pride wouldnt allow you to sit and take this.
jones has everyone money whipped and only surrounds himself with family and sycophants

I'd bet press passes and access to the team is tightly controlled only allowing those that are not overtly critical

The one guy who had the balls to ask jeri tough questions is now covering the Mavericks and I think it started soon after this:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
jones has everyone money whipped and only surrounds himself with family and sycophants

I'd bet press passes and access to the team is tightly controlled only allowing those that are not overtly critical

The one guy who had the balls to ask jeri tough questions is now covering the Mavericks and I think it started soon after this:

Yeah, I miss McMahon covering the team. He was never scared to ask the tough questions.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
i think its obvious, if he doesn't make it to the NFC Championship game he's fired. If he does and we don't get blown out he stays. We have two of the best young coaches in the NFL on our staff, Garrett's leash is shorter than most.
That's what I think too, except we don't have two of the best young coaches in football on our staff if you are thinking one of them is Richard.

I think Richard is turning into a major bust here. Maybe someone else interviews him for a HC job and maybe he even gets it, if so he'll be out of a job in two years IMO.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We can just hire Dan Quinn or Ron Rivera as DC when one of them inevitably gets fired.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A contract extension is a new contract.
Maybe so but in insurance terms it isn’t. Also when I was a banker we extended loan contracts by deferral agreements. Maybe employment contracts are different.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
They arnt going to do a 1yr deal for Garrett after this season. He's either going to get a 3-5yr deal or he'll be gone.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If that happens Moore is gone. I see no way he doesn't get an offer from someone to be head coach of this offense is good enough to get us that far.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Was listening to the 105.3 local guys on the way home and they said Garrett was getting pissy when asked about how good the offense is now :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If that happens Moore is gone. I see no way he doesn't get an offer from someone to be head coach of this offense is good enough to get us that far.
Everyone said the same about Richard and before that, Marinelli and Linehan.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No they didn't. And Moore is a different beast. Everyone wants the new young brilliant offesive coordinator.

Yes, lots of people were worried about losing Richard last year, and the same numbers were concerned about losing Marinelli once upon a time. Maybe not so much Linehan, but every time a coordinator does well there is a panic that he’ll be lost. But at least under the Jerry Cowboys, it has rarely happened the Jimmy era, with the exception of the unfortunate loss of Payton to the Saints when Parcells was gonna retire soon after (though notably Payton was a whipping boy while here).

p1_

DCC 4Life

whatta maroon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom