Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sad.

I get that there are numerous teams with kicker problems, but to just throw your hands up and say something like that is just insane.
Especially since no one viewed Maher as a legit NFL starter when we brought him in. So obviously there are guys out there capable of being a good NFL kicker. You just have to put the effort in to find one. Or shit, sign one after the draft like most teams.

Ah screw it, just sign that female soccer player and add to the circus.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Pretty sad.

I get that there are numerous teams with kicker problems, but to just throw your hands up and say something like that is just insane.
I still don't understand why the NFL hasn't started poaching kickers from futbol. Surely there's a few dudes in the world who'd be capable of hitting a 50 yard FG consistently.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has Connor McGovern started practicing yet?
7:16 p.m. - After missing nearly all of camp with a pectoral injury, McGovern returned to practice this week. But near the end of Tuesday’s practice, the rookie guard was still bothered by the injury.

He likely won’t play in the final preseason game on Thursday and could be headed to IR, with the chance to return after eight games.

GUH

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
7:16 p.m. - After missing nearly all of camp with a pectoral injury, McGovern returned to practice this week. But near the end of Tuesday’s practice, the rookie guard was still bothered by the injury.

He likely won’t play in the final preseason game on Thursday and could be headed to IR, with the chance to return after eight games.

GUH
Well shit that's disappointing

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean, kinda, but he was not gonna really contribute this year anyway. If injuries have to happen there could be way worse than this.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Yep, looks like a washout year for McGovern. That sux because I don't think he was ever hurt in college, then we get him and he's hurt.
Probably needed a year in our weight program anyway but I think long term he's a good prospect and fits our OL scheme well. He can also play C.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well shit that's disappointing
It is. Also, if they want him on IR to return, they have to have him on the final roster at the cuts, that means exposing someone they might not want to.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, looks like a washout year for McGovern. That sux because I don't think he was ever hurt in college, then we get him and he's hurt.
Probably needed a year in our weight program anyway but I think long term he's a good prospect and fits our OL scheme well. He can also play C.
Yeah it would have been nice to at least have him as a backup guard/center to start the season. And everything Martin has been dealing with may have opened the door for the guy. Instead it's probably going to be a year of bulking up and hopefully he will come back bigger and stronger like Connor Williams did.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

We might see guys like Daniel Ross, Daniel Wise and Rickey Walker flipped for either players or 7th rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom