2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don’t recall the consensus being that he was significantly over drafted, if at all. If he wasn’t a legit 2nd rounder he was at least a legit third or fourth rounder. And given our safety situation - really the only question mark on defense, maybe with DT (or more specifically NT) - I’d roll the dice on him looking for something.

Agin, who would I have to cut from the final roster to keep him? Kavon Frazier? Not really worried about that.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
He's another spare part. If they sign him I'd have absolutely zero expectations from him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t recall the consensus being that he was significantly over drafted, if at all. If he wasn’t a legit 2nd rounder he was at least a legit third or fourth rounder. And given our safety situation - really the only question mark on defense, maybe with DT (or more specifically NT) - I’d roll the dice on him looking for something.

Agin, who would I have to cut from the final roster to keep him? Kavon Frazier? Not really worried about that.
Supposedly he wanted out because the Packers drafted a safety high. I think he may be a little sensitive. But still he is young, super athletic and has a good amount of NFL starts and plays under his belt. Obviously he would need to understand in Dallas he will have to earn the playing time.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Supposedly he wanted out because the Packers drafted a safety high. I think he may be a little sensitive. But still he is young, super athletic and has a good amount of NFL starts and plays under his belt. Obviously he would need to understand in Dallas he will have to earn the playing time.
They drafted a safety high and signed one from a divisional rival, in part because they found out this guy couldn't play a lick. Now they outright released him because apparently nobody wanted to trade for him despite being on a cheap rookie contract.

Pretty much says all anyone needs to know. I'm sure he'll get picked up, but expecting him to be a dependable starter would be incredibly foolish. He looks like a backup and special teamer at best.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cue the Spagnola refrain...

p1_

DCC 4Life

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Colts would still own his rights. So if he were to play of anybody else, they'd have to release him, (yeah, right) or trade for him. If released, he'd be subjected to the waiver wire, and he'd be instantly claimed by the first team in line.

So, if Dallas had any hope of getting him, it would be by trade. What would you be willing to give up for a 31 year old QB with injury history that has had a two year layoff?

p1_

DCC 4Life

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Gig Em!!! :towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has been very impressive. Funny thing is if we took him in the second round he would be are starting safety with that performance. But as a sixth rounder it just earns him a roster spot. I hope the coaches at least let him see the field once the season starts.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom