2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is just no excuse for this team not to go safety hunting. I swear, if they just roll with George Iloka all season, I'll be so pissed.

Karl Joseph is at best part of a three safety group in Oakland where he's kinda the odd man out long term (they did not pick up his 5th year option).

Josh Jones is now the third man in a safety group in Green Bay (they just drafted a first round safety and also paid Adrian Amos a big FA contract.

Either of those guys should be attainable. If not, Eric Berry is still out there.

If they think they are just fine with an Iloka/Heath combo at SS, I just don't know what it will take for this team to do something about the safety position.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is just no excuse for this team not to go safety hunting. I swear, if they just roll with George Iloka all season, I'll be so pissed.

Karl Joseph is at best part of a three safety group in Oakland where he's kinda the odd man out long term (they did not pick up his 5th year option).

Josh Jones is now the third man in a safety group in Green Bay (they just drafted a first round safety and also paid Adrian Amos a big FA contract.

Either of those guys should be attainable. If not, Eric Berry is still out there.

If they think they are just fine with an Iloka/Heath combo at SS, I just don't know what it will take for this team to do something about the safety position.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Heard the Fan talking about how Garrett said he's been more involved with the offense this season than he has in several years. So many young coaches, he said.

Probably old news, but I knew that would make everyone feel better about things.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Heath played 97% of the defensive snaps last season, barring injury or Berry signing a very, very cheap 1 year deal, you should expect to see him out there the vast majority of the time again.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

You shouldn't have faith that they will do something sensible about this position by now. I dont understand the thinking at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We signed Alfred Morris again... Don't think it needs it's own thread.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laziest front office in the NFL
Yeah I mean it's hard because the Saints were looking at signing Morris. So part of me thinks other teams liked him too. But Morris does have that lazy retread feel. I hope he doesn't make the roster and this is just a veteran presence to help the young guys.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I mean it's hard because the Saints were looking at signing Morris. So part of me thinks other teams liked him too. But Morris does have that lazy retread feel. I hope he doesn't make the roster and this is just a veteran presence to help the young guys.
Or maybe, he is better than Tony Pollard and Darius Jackson, which might not be a stretch.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Or maybe, he is better than Tony Pollard and Darius Jackson, which might not be a stretch.
But why not sign Ajayi who is clearly better than Morris?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could be but I hope not. I mean we jist used a fourth on Pollard and haven't even really seen what he cam do yet. You can't tell much from a RB until contact starts.

Jackson is just a guy I hoped Weber would beat out.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Maybe his knees are shot.
For a 1 year rental he seems to check out tho

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Maybe his knees are shot.
I mean comeon you have to admit this FO will go with who they are familiar with over who is the better player, they have done this multiple tmes

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean comeon you have to admit this FO will go with who they are familiar with over who is the better player, they have done this multiple tmes
I agree but why were the Saints looking to sign Morris instead of Ajayi? I'm not trying to defend the move. We know what Morris brings and it's not that much. It's why I hope he doesn't make the roster. But it's weird that other NFL teams act like there aren't better options either. Frankly better backs will be cut before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom