2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Cowboysrock55

This is so stupid. We literally just bang our heads against the wall. And sure Zeke used to make that 1 defender miss or break his tackle but he doesn't do that anymore. If teams are going to give us a run stop look than we need to pass the fucking ball. It's so basic that it's stupid.

bbgun

resident pariah

:lol wut? He's been stealing from us for years and has one whole sack this season. If he's a big piece, we're in serious trouble.

Cowboysrock55

Ok, perfect case in point of retard roster management. why the hell sign a journeyman nobody to take an active roster spot, when instead you could call up Dan Wise from the practice squad?
A guy who actually showed something in preseason. I'm with you. It's lazy and will gain us nothing.

p1_

UncleMilti

Why did I buy this bitch??
Staff member
No big turnovers, and not stopping any offense from crossing the 50 tends to land you in 32nd place.

Cowboysrock55

Special teams and creating turnovers. Who would have thought those would be important things?

Also playing a bend but don't break defense (Jesus I thought Richard had gotten us away from this finally) is going to lead to very few 3 and outs and great field position.

p1_

Especially in light of Cooper going down, Cobb being injured and relegating Devin Smith to the practice squad. Idiots.

Chocolate Lab

Watch this be the week Dallas gets two INTs and a fumble recovery... those turnovers will be the key to beating Philly.

Book it.

dbair1967

We play a great defensive scheme.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sounds like Dak is calling out Garrett. Garrett has always been too loose with practice and game preparedness. It one of the reasons the team struggles in the first half a lot.

Carp

Super Moderator
Staff member
A big problem with our scheme is that Lawrence is not our best pass rusher, Quinn is. He got a shitload of money to go invisibile.

dbair1967

A big problem with our scheme is that Lawrence is not our best pass rusher, Quinn is. He got a shitload of money to go invisibile.
He's clearly not 100%, and he isn't invisible. Teams are doubling him and chipping him at the highest % of any DE/edge player in the league. There's a reason for that.

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member
He's clearly not 100%, and he isn't invisible. Teams are doubling him and chipping him at the highest % of any DE/edge player in the league. There's a reason for that.
It is because teams have zero respect for our interior.

p1_

many are saying that Quinn is the beneficiary of DLaw's facing multi teaming.

Couchcoach

It is because teams have zero respect for our interior.
Makes me wonder why we spent a 2nd on a "project" DT. He may prove me wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me why you take someone that high who you don't expect to make any immediate impact.

dbair1967

many are saying that Quinn is the beneficiary of DLaw's facing multi teaming.
As they should. it's true.

Lawrence is a proven good player, he will be fine. I just wish he hadn't waited so long to have that major shoulder surgery.

He'll be ready for a 16 sack season under Urban Meyer next year though.

dbair1967

Makes me wonder why we spent a 2nd on a "project" DT. He may prove me wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me why you take someone that high who you don't expect to make any immediate impact.
They didn't expect him to be a "project" when they took him. I think they clearly believed he had the physical talent to do what they wanted him to do and have some success early on. I don't think they expected probowler-esque or anything but I suspect they believed he'd at LEAST be a solid rotational guy, and give them the ability to let Maliek Collins leave via free agency after this season.

Couchcoach

As they should. it's true.

Lawrence is a proven good player, he will be fine. I just wish he hadn't waited so long to have that major shoulder surgery.

He'll be ready for a 16 sack season under Urban Meyer next year though.
IDK what to make of the Meyer talk, I really don't. Someone on CBS sports radio mentioned how he doesn't make in-game adjustments. Sounds familiar huh?
Is he a good to go NFL coach? Or are we better off going all in on Riley? The young progressive type

Couchcoach

They didn't expect him to be a "project" when they took him. I think they clearly believed he had the physical talent to do what they wanted him to do and have some success early on. I don't think they expected probowler-esque or anything but I suspect they believed he'd at LEAST be a solid rotational guy, and give them the ability to let Maliek Collins leave via free agency after this season.
Hill only has six games under his belt. But I don't know that he's showing enough to let Collins go :shrug

dbair1967

IDK what to make of the Meyer talk, I really don't. Someone on CBS sports radio mentioned how he doesn't make in-game adjustments. Sounds familiar huh?
Is he a good to go NFL coach? Or are we better off going all in on Riley? The young progressive type
He won 3 national championships so I think he knows what he is doing. He also has a track record of hiring excellent assistants.

Jason Garrett would have never led those teams to national championships.

In the end, I'd be happy with Meyer or Riley as I think both would be massive step ups from what we have had in place since 2010.

dbair1967

Hill only has six games under his belt. But I don't know that he's showing enough to let Collins go :shrug
Well duh, I said he was drafted with the idea that he'd give them the ability to let Collins walk.

That said, Collins isnt doing much to warrant a long term deal (neither is Byron Jones or Anthony Brown).

Is he starter materials next year? Doesnt look like it, but maybe a year in the weight room, more technique work and a better coaching staff will get him going.

Cowboysrock55

Well duh, I said he was drafted with the idea that he'd give them the ability to let Collins walk.

That said, Collins isnt doing much to warrant a long term deal (neither is Byron Jones or Anthony Brown).

Is he starter materials next year? Doesnt look like it, but maybe a year in the weight room, more technique work and a better coaching staff will get him going.
The sad part is most of us could see he wasn't a good pick at the time. I wish the staff could prove us all wrong but when Joe Fan recognizes the guy didn't do much in college but the team doesn't it's kind of sad.

Couchcoach

Sitting here with wood, watching Herbert and Eason looking like NFL QB's. But who am I kidding? Jerry extends Dak, regardless of this season's outcome.

Rev

Sitting here with wood, watching Herbert and Eason looking like NFL QB's. But who am I kidding? Jerry extends Dak, regardless of this season's outcome.
And Garrett as well.

Youre welcome.

Top Bottom