2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The guy who bought the site has a screw lose or something.
How is that any different than doomsday? That guy is a complete moron. No matter the subject, his take was always retarded. Kind of like dbair.

The DCU was once a pretty decent board. But it quickly fell off the cliff when Sheik sold it to doomsday.

dbair1967

its pretty scant these days. The guy who bought the site has a screw lose or something and there have been probably half a dozen times where the site is unavailable for several days and each time, less people are around when it comes back up

He brought Doomsday back to moderate and probably try to get participation up but it may be a lost cause. Seems many of the folks that used to post there are posting here which I am starting to do as well.

Cant believe the guy bought the site and then screwed it up, a fool and his money as the saying goes....
Yep. dude ruined it

dbair1967

How is that any different than doomsday? That guy is a complete moron. No matter the subject, his take was always retarded. Kind of like dbair.

The DCU was once a pretty decent board. But it quickly fell off the cliff when Sheik sold it to doomsday.
Dooms was nothing like that guy that owns it now. Dooms didn't do anything to make shit worse there and the new guy has, unfortunately.

It was a cool place, even with limited membership it was a good place to post. Especially after you left.

bbgun

resident pariah
its pretty scant these days. The guy who bought the site has a screw lose or something and there have been probably half a dozen times where the site is unavailable for several days and each time, less people are around when it comes back up

He brought Doomsday back to moderate and probably try to get participation up but it may be a lost cause. Seems many of the folks that used to post there are posting here which I am starting to do as well.

Cant believe the guy bought the site and then screwed it up, a fool and his money as the saying goes....
I have a light presence there nowadays. The site issues and member defections wore me down. Anyway, Dooms instructed the new owner to put DCU on the same host he's using for his personal blog, which is paid up through December. Lord knows what will happen in January.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Lol good old Dooms. “Cowboys can make the playoffs at 6-10”
I believe he figured it down as low as 4-12. All you needed was a better division record than anybody else to win the division, and it wouldn't matter what their record was.

Definite moron.

yimyammer

Dooms was nothing like that guy that owns it now. Dooms didn't do anything to make shit worse there and the new guy has, unfortunately.

It was a cool place, even with limited membership it was a good place to post. Especially after you left.
:lol

jsmith6919

[h=1]Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Compares Dak Prescott to Tom Brady After Hot Start[/h] ADAM WELLSOCTOBER 4, 2019

Never known for being modest, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes he's got a quarterback on track to become the next Tom Brady.

During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan, Jones brought up Brady when asked if Dak Prescott is more like Tony Romo or Troy Aikman.

"I think he's more like Brady," he said. "We know Tom Brady and he's not Tom Brady. But he's evolving into a guy that will beat you. I think we got us one in Dak."

If you judge both quarterbacks based on raw numbers through their first three seasons as starters, Prescott has the edge over Brady in completion percentage (66.1 to 61.9), passing yards (10,876 to 10,227) and rating (96.0 to 86.0).

The biggest difference between them is Brady had two Super Bowl wins in his first three seasons as New England's quarterback. Prescott has led the Cowboys to two postseason berths, but just one playoff win.

Jones' comments would seem to work in Prescott's favor as he seeks a long-term extension. The two-time Pro Bowler is in the final season of his rookie contract, so being compared to arguably the greatest quarterback in NFL history can only help his leverage.

Another factor helping Prescott's leverage is his play on the field. He's led the Cowboys to a 3-1 start by completing 72.4 percent of his attempts for 1,143 yards and nine touchdowns.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2856620-cowboys-news-jerry-jones-compares-dak-prescott-to-tom-brady-after-hot-start

mcnuttz

Super Duper Moderator
Staff member
It's time to get Donovan Wilson on the field. With Frazier gone for the year, Heath is too valuable on ST to risk injury playing defense. ~looking away~

dbair1967

[h=1]Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Compares Dak Prescott to Tom Brady After Hot Start[/h] ADAM WELLSOCTOBER 4, 2019

Never known for being modest, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes he's got a quarterback on track to become the next Tom Brady.

During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan, Jones brought up Brady when asked if Dak Prescott is more like Tony Romo or Troy Aikman.

"I think he's more like Brady," he said. "We know Tom Brady and he's not Tom Brady. But he's evolving into a guy that will beat you. I think we got us one in Dak."

If you judge both quarterbacks based on raw numbers through their first three seasons as starters, Prescott has the edge over Brady in completion percentage (66.1 to 61.9), passing yards (10,876 to 10,227) and rating (96.0 to 86.0).

The biggest difference between them is Brady had two Super Bowl wins in his first three seasons as New England's quarterback. Prescott has led the Cowboys to two postseason berths, but just one playoff win.

Jones' comments would seem to work in Prescott's favor as he seeks a long-term extension. The two-time Pro Bowler is in the final season of his rookie contract, so being compared to arguably the greatest quarterback in NFL history can only help his leverage.

Another factor helping Prescott's leverage is his play on the field. He's led the Cowboys to a 3-1 start by completing 72.4 percent of his attempts for 1,143 yards and nine touchdowns.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2856620-cowboys-news-jerry-jones-compares-dak-prescott-to-tom-brady-after-hot-start
:jonesrocking

Cowboysrock55

It sure didn't help, where'd you go and why?

Anyone else feel like the season is over after today?
I don't feel like its over. I think these guys needed to wake up out of their slumber. At least they looked like they did in the second half yesterday. Hopefully it carries over. The next 2 games for this team are huge.

1bigfan13

I don't feel like its over. I think these guys needed to wake up out of their slumber. At least they looked like they did in the second half yesterday. Hopefully it carries over. The next 2 games for this team are huge.
It's becoming clearer to me that this team needs to get back to the 2014/2016 formula of leaning on a run-heavy game plan.

Dak's not capable of shouldering the load. Why pay Zeke all that money if we're not going to give him 25 touches per week? He's the best player on offense and the OL did a great job run blocking even without their starting Tackles.

Cowboysrock55

not over. but the first 3 games were extremely misleading. Garrett should be anxious.
I think those first three games had them eating the cheese as Parcells would say. Now go out and beat the Jets and Eagles and get this shit back on track.

yimyammer

not over. but the first 3 games were extremely misleading. Garrett should be anxious.
I think its over in the sense this bunch ain't winning any Super Bowls; they will probably rally and win enough to tease and perhaps make it into the playoffs for a one and done, but NO WAY this organization can string together 4 wins and they'll need 4 because they won't have a first round bye.

Jeri's gonna tie all the main players up for the next 3-4 years so the team you're seeing now is pretty much what they'll have going forward and Dak is the only one that I think can get better, the rest will slowly have their skills eroded from injury and time and we already see it happening with much of our line

Not that they had a chance to overcome the albatross of jeri and spawn but the hot start was tempting me to think otherwise but right on Q, the Cowboys shit the bed when they're up against good opponents and remind me how futile it is to ever think things will change for the better

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's becoming clearer to me that this team needs to get back to the 2014/2016 formula of leaning on a run-heavy game plan.

Dak's not capable of shouldering the load. Why pay Zeke all that money if we're not going to give him 25 touches per week? He's the best player on offense and the OL did a great job run blocking even without their starting Tackles.
I think had the team scored more in the first half you would have seen a continuing ground game but when you are buried at half time the game strategy changes on the fly. The passing game was the only option to try to get back in the game. The biggest factor throughout the entire first half was the turnovers. The offense was moving the ball , they were giving it up short of the goal line. I think the strategy is still to put the ground game as the number one choice.

1bigfan13

I think had the team scored more in the first half you would have seen a continuing ground game but when you are buried at half time the game strategy changes on the fly. The passing game was the only option to try to get back in the game. The biggest factor throughout the entire first half was the turnovers. The offense was moving the ball , they were giving it up short of the goal line. I think the strategy is still to put the ground game as the number one choice.
I understand all the passing in the second have when they were down 3 scores. My issue is right from the start they didn't show any interest in leaning on Zeke and the run game even though he was averaging about 6 yards per carry.

They came out and ran a bunch of play-action out of run formations and dug themselves into a deep hole from there.

UncleMilti

Why did I buy this bitch??
Staff member

I think this whole idea is past its time. I don't think the NFL is a run-first league anymore. You have to have a QB that is accurate, mobile, and can keep the ball safe paired with a RB who can get you yards when you need them. And its been proven there are plenty of RB's taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds that can do that.

5th rounder Jones outrushed the Cowboys by almost double yesterday....and we have a 1st round pick in Elliot. Yeah, they have Rodgers and being down 24 didn't help but it happened last week against the Saints too...which as we know use 3rd round pick Kamara. Both the Saints and Packers had defenses you could run against but yet the Cowboy running game sucked ass.

Cowboysrock55

I understand all the passing in the second have when they were down 3 scores. My issue is right from the start they didn't show any interest in leaning on Zeke and the run game even though he was averaging about 6 yards per carry.

They came out and ran a bunch of play-action out of run formations and dug themselves into a deep hole from there.
We had like 15 running plays in the first half with Pollard and Zeke. A couple were called back for penalty but thats a good amount of run which led to no points.

1bigfan13

I think this whole idea is past its time. I don't think the NFL is a run-first league anymore. You have to have a QB that is accurate, mobile, and can keep the ball safe paired with a RB who can get you yards when you need them. And its been proven there are plenty of RB's taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds that can do that.
I agree it's not ideal to be a run-heavy offense in the modern day NFL but unfortunately with Dak at QB, leaning on Zeke and the RBs is probably their best chance to win games.

Dak's not Trent Dilfer bad but you certainly can't count on him to be the focal point of the offense from week to week either. The Cowboys need to do a better job at picking their spots.

1bigfan13

We had like 15 running plays in the first half with Pollard and Zeke. A couple were called back for penalty but thats a good amount of run which led to no points.
I just remember the first 2 series it felt like we passed on approx. 70% of our downs.

Cowboysrock55

I just remember the first 2 series it felt like we passed on approx. 70% of our downs.
I mean the first series we could really do no wrong. The passing game was shredding them. The running game was shredding them. If it wasn't for Cooper popping a ball up that hit him square in the hands we probably score and start that game up 7-0.

On the second drive we went far more balanced. I think we had 4 runs (3 by Zeke and one scramble by Dak) 3 passes (One of which was a drive killing sack). The reason that drive stalled was a combination of a run by Zeke for no gain and a sack that Dak took on third down that put us out of field goal range. The big gains on that drive again were from the pass.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

5th rounder Jones outrushed the Cowboys by almost double yesterday....and we have a 1st round pick in Elliot. Yeah, they have Rodgers and being down 24 didn't help but it happened last week against the Saints too...which as we know use 3rd round pick Kamara. Both the Saints and Packers had defenses you could run against but yet the Cowboy running game sucked ass.
I'm kind of shocked at how average Zeke looks compared to his rookie year. He looks like he's already wearing down some. I know he's not the most dedicated player, and he's taken a pretty good beating in his short career with the big workloads, but I still wouldn't expect him to already be slowing down.

p1_

I'm kind of shocked at how average Zeke looks compared to his rookie year. He looks like he's already wearing down some. I know he's not the most dedicated player, and he's taken a pretty good beating in his short career with the big workloads, but I still wouldn't expect him to already be slowing down.
moreso in light of the huge contract that is mere weeks old

Cowboysrock55

moreso in light of the huge contract that is mere weeks old
I hate to say it but I'd like to see more Pollard. Not saying he can carry the load but he definitely looks more explosive. Zeke still gets the dirty yards in the middle but he isn't really making guys miss or breaking the tackles anymore.

UncleMilti

Why did I buy this bitch??
Staff member
I know...Zeke was a home run hitter in his rookie year, fast but powerful. Now, he just kinda plods along. He doesn’t seem to have any burst the last 2 years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Zero chance of Garrett getting fired. We could completely implode, and he'll still finish the season. The best we can hope for is that he just isn't offered another contract.

jsmith6919

yimyammer

geezuz, have we ever heard about Dallas outsmarting other teams in the last 25 years?

Cowboysrock55

If that's the case hopefully Moore can self scout and adjust what he does to trip teams up. It's something Garrett and company haven't been capable of doing over the years but I have a little more hope for Moore. He seems to at least be a little more innovative than the other guys.

p1_

If that's the case hopefully Moore can self scout and adjust what he does to trip teams up. It's something Garrett and company haven't been capable of doing over the years but I have a little more hope for Moore. He seems to at least be a little more innovative than the other guys.
Plus, it’s not rocket science that these teams would look at whatever tape they can get on Moore. He had to know they would read the book on him

Iamtdg

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So change up your god damn hand gestures. It’s not that fucking hard of an adjustment.

Top Bottom