2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It’s a double edge situation. I think Jones will let Garrett go if he can find a candidate that’s deemed better than Garrett, however, if the Cowboys go into the playoffs regardless of their success, and a better candidate is not available then I think Jones might go for a contract extension with Garrett but not a new contract.

mschmidt64

I really dont think he would have a problem getting a job regardless. The NFL is so starved for HC that they have Kingsbury and some of these other numbskulls.
He would get hired again and it's not even issue of his competence. The league recycles coaches over and over again.

Might not be a head coach again, immediately if not ever, but he'd be employed.

He'd also be a good college head coach.

mschmidt64

It’s a double edge situation. I think Jones will let Garrett go if he can find a candidate that’s deemed better than Garrett, however, if the Cowboys go into the playoffs regardless of their success, and a better candidate is not available then I think Jones might go for a contract extension with Garrett but not a new contract.
A contract extension is a new contract.

GForce78NJ

i think its obvious, if he doesn't make it to the NFC Championship game he's fired. If he does and we don't get blown out he stays. We have two of the best young coaches in the NFL on our staff, Garrett's leash is shorter than most.

yimyammer

You would think your own pride wouldnt allow you to sit and take this.
jones has everyone money whipped and only surrounds himself with family and sycophants

I'd bet press passes and access to the team is tightly controlled only allowing those that are not overtly critical

The one guy who had the balls to ask jeri tough questions is now covering the Mavericks and I think it started soon after this:

Iamtdg

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
jones has everyone money whipped and only surrounds himself with family and sycophants

I'd bet press passes and access to the team is tightly controlled only allowing those that are not overtly critical

The one guy who had the balls to ask jeri tough questions is now covering the Mavericks and I think it started soon after this:

Yeah, I miss McMahon covering the team. He was never scared to ask the tough questions.

dbair1967

i think its obvious, if he doesn't make it to the NFC Championship game he's fired. If he does and we don't get blown out he stays. We have two of the best young coaches in the NFL on our staff, Garrett's leash is shorter than most.
That's what I think too, except we don't have two of the best young coaches in football on our staff if you are thinking one of them is Richard.

I think Richard is turning into a major bust here. Maybe someone else interviews him for a HC job and maybe he even gets it, if so he'll be out of a job in two years IMO.

Simpleton

We can just hire Dan Quinn or Ron Rivera as DC when one of them inevitably gets fired.

dbair1967

They arnt going to do a 1yr deal for Garrett after this season. He's either going to get a 3-5yr deal or he'll be gone.

Cowboysrock55

If that happens Moore is gone. I see no way he doesn't get an offer from someone to be head coach of this offense is good enough to get us that far.

jsmith6919

Was listening to the 105.3 local guys on the way home and they said Garrett was getting pissy when asked about how good the offense is now :lol

mschmidt64

No they didn't. And Moore is a different beast. Everyone wants the new young brilliant offesive coordinator.

Yes, lots of people were worried about losing Richard last year, and the same numbers were concerned about losing Marinelli once upon a time. Maybe not so much Linehan, but every time a coordinator does well there is a panic that he’ll be lost. But at least under the Jerry Cowboys, it has rarely happened the Jimmy era, with the exception of the unfortunate loss of Payton to the Saints when Parcells was gonna retire soon after (though notably Payton was a whipping boy while here).

p1_

whatta maroon.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

whatta maroon.
Notwithstanding my personal opinion of this guy, that statement is so silly it makes one wonder if there is an agenda to his comment.

1bigfan13

Notwithstanding my personal opinion of this guy, that statement is so silly it makes one wonder if there is an agenda to his comment.
No agenda. He's just very limited in his sports knowledge. It's the main reason why 90% of First Take broadcasts are NBA & NFL related.....year round.

He's only a subject matter expert when it comes to the NBA but for some reason ESPN thought it was a good idea to have him comment on other sports as well. He gets himself into trouble when he tries to stray outside his area of expertise.

For instance, last year he was talking about how he couldn't wait to watch a matchup in an NFL between two players who weren't even on the rosters. One had been out for over 6 months with a season ending injury. The other had retired several months beforehand.

dbair1967

dbair1967

p1_

Taco needs some one on one with DLaw.

Iamtdg

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Which proves our inside DL is shitty at getting pressure.

Cowboysrock55

It's why Quinn is so important. No one is double teaming Crawfords slow ass at RE. Shit you don't even need to block him he is so slow.

The Dolphins did a ton of max protect. The problem is our coverages weren't taking advatage. We had guys sitting in zone in the first half covering no one while the 2 or 3 guys running routes really just had single coverage. We adjusted in the second half and were much better. Anyway Quinn looked good. I think he will shorten his path to the QB as he gets in better shape. Once he does that offenses could be in trouble.

p1_

An injury-riddled Eagles secondary is welcoming back a familiar face.

Philadelphia is re-signing veteran cornerback Orlando Scandrick, a source told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo on Friday.

Scandrick spent the summer with the organization, signing a one-year deal in late July before his pre-season release in late August. The 32-year-old played seven games with the Chiefs in 2018 after spending 10 seasons with the Cowboys.

The vet will immediately bolster an Eagles defensive backfield set back by myriad injuries. Starting corner Ronald Darby missed Thursday's win over Green Bay with a hamstring injury, while Sidney Jones (hamstring) and Avonte Maddox (head/neck) both left the proceedings in medias res. Philly sealed the victory with special-teamer Craig James playing significant snaps at corner; before Thursday night, James had logged just one career defensive snap. Not to mention, Cre'von LeBlanc is on injured reserve and Jalen Mills is on PUP.

Philadelphia's next contest comes in nine days against the winless Jets. Scandrick should be up to speed by then, and the Eagles will hopefully be back to full health.

dbair1967

Bummer, but they said 2-4 weeks. They have the Jets and Philly after GB, then the bye. If the offense is clicking along they could potentially sit him through the bye week at which point he should definitely be 100%.

Or at the least have him back for Philly.

Cowboysrock55

Bummer, but they said 2-4 weeks. They have the Jets and Philly after GB, then the bye. If the offense is clicking along they could potentially sit him through the bye week at which point he should definitely be 100%.

Or at the least have him back for Philly.
Yeah I'm guessing he sits for Greenbay (which sucks, it's the game we need him most). And then you might as well sit him for the Jets.

dbair1967

Have to admit I was skeptical about them signing Collins to that new contract. I didn't think he was anything more than maybe slightly above average previously.

But he has looked better this year through 3 games. What strength and conditioning work he did along with the technique stuff, it seems to have worked. Columbo as OL coach might be the best thing that could have happened for him.

dbair1967

Yeah I'm guessing he sits for Greenbay (which sucks, it's the game we need him most). And then you might as well sit him for the Jets.
For all the media hype there was about this dominant GB defense, it didn't look very good at all the other night. And their D has been trampled in the run game 3 weeks in a row now. The only game they didn't get run over was the Bears, who's offense is run by a pass happy retard.

Last 3 games GB has yielded 176 yds on 33 carries (Phi), 148yds on 38 carries (Den), & 198yds on 27 carries (Min)

Rev

For all the media hype there was about this dominant GB defense, it didn't look very good at all the other night. And their D has been trampled in the run game 3 weeks in a row now. The only game they didn't get run over was the Bears, who's offense is run by a pass happy retard.

Last 3 games GB has yielded 176 yds on 33 carries (Phi), 148yds on 38 carries (Den), & 198yds on 27 carries (Min)
so you are saying that the run will be shut down on that game.

p1_

Have to admit I was skeptical about them signing Collins to that new contract. I didn't think he was anything more than maybe slightly above average previously.

But he has looked better this year through 3 games. What strength and conditioning work he did along with the technique stuff, it seems to have worked. Columbo as OL coach might be the best thing that could have happened for him.

funny, he's playing better with his deal done than Jaylon is. You wouldn't have thought that 4 weeks ago.

Top Bottom