2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Man, if we could sucker some team into giving us a late first for Jones, that would be awesome. Get another high draft pick AND drop his pending high contract? Score.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Man, if we could sucker some team into giving us a late first for Jones, that would be awesome. Get another high draft pick AND drop his pending high contract? Score.
I'm perfectly okay with that scenario, even a high second round pick would work for me. Don't the Lions pick in the early 40s?

Edit: I see the colts have two second round picks, 34 and 59. I'd take either of those for Lewis, especially if we could talk them into #34.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I have followed that dude on Twitter for a while. Rarely is he right about anything. Basically another Incarcerated Bob.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Lewis doesnt seem to fit the Richard mold.
The point is that they rarely seem to get value for productive players who they have no use for or will soon be too expensive. They always seem to just ride it out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point is that they rarely seem to get value for productive players who they have no use for or will soon be too expensive. They always seem to just ride it out.
Yeah I would much rather have a guy like Lawrence and young corners than to pay Byron out the ass and have no pass rushers. I'm sure most on this board would agree. The time is now to trade Byron away if you could get the picks. But this team has always love their high priced corners so instead we will make Byron one of the highest paid corners in the NFL next offseason.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's easy for Richard to find CB's to fit his scheme since generally speaking you aren't asking for them to play much Man. Just find a guy like Shaquill Griffin who is a H/W/S freak with long arms and Richard will turn him into a starter. I don't mind paying above average money to keep a good starter but you don't need to break the bank for a CB with this scheme/coach, and especially not if that CB is a guy like Jones who doesn't get picks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's easy for Richard to find CB's to fit his scheme since generally speaking you aren't asking for them to play much Man. Just find a guy like Shaquill Griffin who is a H/W/S freak with long arms and Richard will turn him into a starter. I don't mind paying above average money to keep a good starter but you don't need to break the bank for a CB with this scheme/coach, and especially not if that CB is a guy like Jones who doesn't get picks.
Yeah. A guy like Isaiah Johnson out of Houston fits what he's looking for perfectly, and may still be there in the 4th-5th round range. 6' 2" 205 lbs runs a 4.4

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yep, I mentioned several guys that fit that mold the last time this topic of Byron came up. Isaiah Johnson would be ideal but there are also guys like Lonnie Johnson, Trayvon Mullen, Justin Layne, Amani Oruwariye, or Rock Ya-Sin who would all be perfectly fine starters opposite Awuzie by 2020. Johnson is definitely one of my favorites though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
A little off topic but is it just me or do we seem to not like to pick in the 6th round.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I guess I'm the only one who likes Byron Jones. Yeah, he got burned a few times at the end of the year but he was mostly excellent in his first season at corner. I don't think it's as simple as drafting another rangy guy and sticking him in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom