2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
2 years in a row for Wilson to the IR. He appears somewhat brittle. Hyatt, meanwhile, is a big weak stiff.
Probably promoted him because someone was sniffing around.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
27M to tag Dak sounds light. I thought it was the average of the top 5 QB salaries or 33.6M

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Last edited:

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

They have a different list that looks like the 27 you are looking for.
I hope they're right but I'm afraid they're making a similar mistake I made earlier in the year where I thought it would only cost around 65M to franchise Dak in 2020 & 2021

If the language highlighted below is correct:

• An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams. The player's team has all the negotiating rights to the exclusive player.
Then you have to take the top 5 QB salaries as of April 2020 which could be even higher if some QB gets a big contract but the average won't be any lower than what I showed.

I'm afraid the franchise tag cost for 2020 will be $33.6M for Dak and at 120% of 33.6M, it would be $40.32M for 2021

If they can keep Daks guarantees around 80M, then do a contract, if not, franchise him in 2020 & 2021 and keep the flexibility at that position and let the new coach decide

Rev

Staff member
I hope they're right but I'm afraid they're making a similar mistake I made earlier in the year where I thought it would only cost around 65M to franchise Dak in 2020 & 2021

If the language highlighted below is correct:

• An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams. The player's team has all the negotiating rights to the exclusive player.
Then you have to take the top 5 QB salaries as of April 2020 which could be even higher if some QB gets a big contract but the average won't be any lower than what I showed.

I'm afraid the franchise tag cost for 2020 will be $33.6M for Dak and at 120% of 33.6M, it would be $40.32M for 2021

If they can keep Daks guarantees around 80M, then do a contract, if not, franchise him in 2020 & 2021 and keep the flexibility at that position and let the new coach decide
I'm not sure. I'm just trying to find where they came up with the 27 because it seems that I've seen that several places. Surely they would have done their research but maybe they are wrong.?

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Truth.

Rev

Staff member

Put a fork in him.
Yep and really sucks of these issues were around prior to the draft as rumored. Also strange that he wears that neck thing on the pads but said it wasn't because of the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom