2019 NFL Free Agency Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There were some completely insane deals running around today and quite honestly, I am not all upset that the Cowboys sat it out.

You don't want to get involved with that shit.

But I think they need to make up their minds about Lawrence and quick.

Then make one quick and powerful strike in free agency for a difference maker.

They can't do like last year and get shit like Deonte Thompson and whatever and think that will cut it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There were some completely insane deals running around today and quite honestly, I am not all upset that the Cowboys sat it out.

You don't want to get involved with that shit.

But I think they need to make up their minds about Lawrence and quick.

Then make one quick and powerful strike in free agency for a difference maker.

They can't do like last year and get shit like Deonte Thompson and whatever and think that will cut it.
Yea, I don't think anybody wants or expects us to go after 2-3 headliner free agents, but it'd be nice if they identified guys who fit and went after them aggressively like they did for Sammy Watkins for some idiotic reason. I don't even need it to be Earl Thomas, I'd be perfectly happy with an Adrian Amos or Darius Philon, but as you said, this scraping the bottom of the barrel nonsense has been standard operating procedure for far too long.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Former Vikings DT Sheldon Richardson will be signing with Cleveland.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The market for safeties is shrinking. Amos to the Packers and now Gipson to Houston to replace Mathieu.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The market for safeties is shrinking. Amos to the Packers and now Gipson to Houston to replace Mathieu.
Yeah I wonder if Earl Thomas scared some teams away with his talk earlier. When he finds the market dried up he is going to regret it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith are underwhelming, neither of them have ever gotten to double digit sacks and I don't think either of them ever will consistently. Za'Darius in particular I'd be concerned about, you always have to be leery of front 7 players the Ravens let go, they have a history of being able to plug and play guys who produce in their exotic, aggressive scheme but then fall off the face of the Earth once they get a big contract elsewhere.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

A reminder...none of these deals are official until they can be signed tomorrow.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Ingram likely out with the Saints. I make that phonecall.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Beasley signed with Buffalo. 4 years, $29M. Will look for a link.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
After the Mosely deal to the Jets, what are the chances that Dallas can keep both their great LBers under this fucking bullshit salary cap?

Top Bottom