$61M guaranteed

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

$61M guaranteed
Amari's price tag just went up.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
@L.T. Fan; fully supports paying Amari like a top tier WR (hyperbole)
Too soo to make that kind of determination about him. Let’s see how he does a ways into this season. He did pretty well last season but that’s not unusual for new personnel. (He is new to the Cowboys) Dez Bryant was doing well also until the new contract blew him up. I don’t think Amari is as volatile as Bryant and is seemingly more talented especially on speed routes. He can go vertical with separation and seems to have all the traits but let’s see what develops this season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm guessing Amari gets 18 mil a year.
He might but it would be foolish to give him a contract right away. Dak will be dealing with new schemes this season so part of Coopers performance will be contingent to him being able to execute the game plans and continue to be successful with Cooper. I think it is a must to let at least half of the season play out between them before you think about writing a check.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He might but it would be foolish to give him a contract right away. Dak will be dealing with new schemes this season so part of Coopers performance will be contingent to him being able to execute the game plans and continue to be successful with Cooper. I think it is a must to let at least half of the season play out between them before you think about writing a check.
I'm not opposed to waiting on a Cooper contract. We just have to get a Dak deal done so that we have the franchise tag available next offseason to use on Cooper. Cooper was awesome last year but it was half a season. I'd love to see him put it together for a full season before we give him elite money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom