2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Hey, I have a question for you guys, especially the several Tech guys on here. I've seen this discussion on other boards.

Do you root for the Big 12 team, or the team in whatever conference your team plays in? Or do you hate them so much you want them to lose?

I've gotten to where I root like crazy for the B12 team. I might even root for Texas at times, depending on who they're playing (like vs Georgia last year). :unsure They're so beaten down by the national media, and I like rooting for underdogs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hey, I have a question for you guys, especially the several Tech guys on here. I've seen this discussion on other boards.

Do you root for the Big 12 team, or the team in whatever conference your team plays in? Or do you hate them so much you want them to lose?

I've gotten to where I root like crazy for the B12 team. I might even root for Texas at times, depending on who they're playing (like vs Georgia last year). :unsure They're so beaten down by the national media, and I like rooting for underdogs.
I will be rooting for Oklahoma if that's what you're asking. But, I don't root for all Big 12 teams. Fuck Texas with a pineapple. They could be playing Hitler and I would throw up that heil.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I support the big 12 teams on all non conference games and post season engagements. One reason the higher pay scale per bowl generates revenues that is distributed to all conference members. So yes to all including Texas in post season play.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

I went to Tech and root for other Big 12 teams tepidly but favor the underdogs like Baylor when playing OU. Not a fan of OU in any case so it never bothers me to see them lose

I tend to root for Washington St because of Mike Leach more than any other Big 12 team

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I went to Tech and root for other Big 12 teams tepidly but favor the underdogs like Baylor when playing OU. Not a fan of OU in any case so it never bothers me to seem them lose

I tend to root for Washington St because of Mike Leach more than any other Big 12 team
I didn't know you went to Tech. What years were you here? I went to Tech and now have worked for the University for almost 20 years.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I didn't know you went to Tech. What years were you here? I went to Tech and now have worked for the University for almost 20 years.
Small world. I was there from 84-88' and got a degree in accounting, did you go there?

what do you do for Tech?

and what was your take on the whole Mike Leach brew-ha-ha?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Depends on the team. OU- No. Texas - Hell no. I generally root for those teams to get embarrased. I live in Central Texas so a lot of my sports talk shows on the radio are Baylor related so I tend to pull for them when they arent playing Tech.

Cotton

Staff member
Small world. I was there from 84-88' and got a degree in accounting, did you go there?

what do you do for Tech?

and what was your take on the whole Mike Leach brew-ha-ha?
I went there from 92-96.

I oversee all of the transportation systems at Tech (buses, biking, scooters, car share, saferide, etc).

I think Leach got railroaded by Hance and Gerald Meyers.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I think Leach got railroaded by Hance and Gerald Meyers.
:mad:

we're so lucky to have had both of our football teams ruined by assholes

IMO, Mike Leach is the best thing Tech is ever gonna have and they really had a nice thing going when all that nonsense went down, damn shame

Cotton

Staff member
:mad:

we're so lucky to have had both of our football teams ruined by assholes

IMO, Mike Leach is the best thing Tech is ever gonna have and they really had a nice thing going when all that nonsense went down, damn shame
You can thank 4 people. Craig James, his son, Hance, and Meyers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll support Ohio State as a Big 10 guy. We all know there is a severe SEC bias largely because of the success of Alabama. Winning the Championship makes the rest of that conference look better in general. Unless you're the ACC where all you're teams have become trash.

midswat

... soon
Not a good weekend for UGA. First getting demolished by LSU and then losing their ace recruiting stud OL coach.

Rumors are George Pickens won’t be on the team next year due to academics.

Imagine having 22 five star recruits on your roster and still can’t win the SEC. lol@Kirby

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's even worse. There is zero chance we beat them barring Burrow getting injured in the first quarter.
Maybe so but they still determine the outcome via a game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
My brother is an Air Force Academy grad, so I've got my eye on the renowned Cheez-It Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom