2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Minnesota is scratchin' battlin' and clawin', but I don't think they are going to make it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It really makes his pro prospects for the future kind of murky. I was not sold on him completely healthy.
I kind of got on board with his NFL talent after doubting him at first. But man this is bad timing for a guy competing to be the top NFL draft pick.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Now maybe the shorthorns will stay out of the top 25.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I kind of got on board with his NFL talent after doubting him at first. But man this is bad timing for a guy competing to be the top NFL draft pick.
He won't be a top choice. But I am sure there will be all kinds of stupid agent talk and so on that makes it impressive if he declares.

Honestly, he needs to redshirt and come back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Note to Iowa fans.

Nate Stanley is basically Beathard all over again.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Bears showed up to play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Note to Iowa fans.

Nate Stanley is basically Beathard all over again.
Different physical skill sets but the same flaws. Shit pocket presence, erratic accuracy and lack of touch. Stanley will get drafted because he has the body and arm strength. But he will never be an NFL starter.

Minnesotas QB is good though. Excellent accuracy under pressure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He won't be a top choice. But I am sure there will be all kinds of stupid agent talk and so on that makes it impressive if he declares.

Honestly, he needs to redshirt and come back.
He should redshirt but if the medicals look good I'm sure he will still be a first rounder even if he just sits and learns for a year.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He should redshirt but if the medicals look good I'm sure he will still be a first rounder even if he just sits and learns for a year.
Watch Belichick grab him at the end of the first now

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Does something seem "off" about Jalen Hurts to anyone else?

He's always had an odd demeanor to me going back to when he was at Alabama, almost like he doesnt want to be there and lacks confidence

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Does something seem "off" about Jalen Hurts to anyone else?

He's always had an odd demeanor to me going back to when he was at Alabama, almost like he doesnt want to be there and lacks confidence
He does seem to lack confidence throwing the ball with any type of anticipation. He's one of those QBs who usually won't throw the ball unless the WR has created a ton of separation.

He came to Oklahoma to work under the Great One, Lincoln Riley, in hopes of improving his draft stock. But the kid is just not a NFL caliber QB. Even the Great One hasn't been able to teach him how to quickly process information & go through his progressions. He's essentially a 1 read QB who tucks and runs way too often. I'll be surprised if someone drafts him before Round 5.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oklahoma had too many turnovers in the first half and Baylor got most of their points from that. Additionally the Oklahoma defense alignments were in a coverage scheme. That left the Baylor QB too much time to find receivers. He was never rushed and Oklahoma’s secondary was clearly in a mismatch position.

In the second half the Offense settled down and quit turning over the ball. As a result they put points on the board. The defensive scheme was changed to a press mode and the Baylor QB apparently isn’t an accurate mobility passer and the running game was shut down. The result was that Baylor didn’t score in the second half. It was an incredible comeback and Hurts was effective.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yeah, that was bad. There’s something about being down 28-3.

midswat

... soon
BF9443F7-8974-426E-8C74-03CADDF05014.jpeg

@Deuce wtf is more pathetic? Losing to Tulsa or trying to earn the rep as “Holder U”

lolololololololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom