2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Damn whotta douchebag.

How about all the kickbacks and bribes you get as a Senator, fuckface? How about that gets the shit taxed out of it?
:picard

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So how does Megan Mullen get away with being able to kiss every U of Florida football player as they get off the bus?

I cant post the tweet but you can google that shit. I never heard she had been doing that but I wonder of Dan could do that to one of the female Florida teams?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how does Megan Mullen get away with being able to kiss every U of Florida football player as they get off the bus?

I cant post the tweet but you can google that shit. I never heard she had been doing that but I wonder of Dan could do that to one of the female Florida teams?
It's so creepy. But apparently Women are immune to being sexually creepy or perverted.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I would watch just to see how high the flames from the dumpster fire go.

midswat

... soon
Deuce gonna go into hiding.

Shitty ass UCF just lost to the 2-7 Tulsa whatever their team name is. I guess the Tulsa Knight Slayers. Who the f knows.

midswat

... soon
If you're not the best team in your conference how can you argue that you're the best team in the country potentially?
How many times has a non division winner gone on to win the super bowl?

dont get me wrong - I agree witb you. Playoffs (nfl and cfb) should be for Division champs. But it’s kind of a weird precedent that’s already been established

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How many times has a non division winner gone on to win the super bowl?

dont get me wrong - I agree witb you. Playoffs (nfl and cfb) should be for Division champs. But it’s kind of a weird precedent that’s already been established
I get it but college football loves to preach that the regular season of college football is the playoffs. When in reality they will just shoehorn Alabama, Ohio State or Oklahoma into the playoffs every chance they get. And they are always great teams so of course they will do well in the playoffs. But then don't preach that the regular season is a playoff of sorts because it's not. If you want to be like the NFL and have real playoffs then expand this thing. If you're just deciding basically between 4 teams, they should at least all be the best in their conference. Whoever loses between LSU or Alabama is likely not the best in their conference. But like you said, the loser will probably still get included in the final four if they win out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

So, this caused him to be in violation of NCAA rules? Are you fucking serious?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I get it but college football loves to preach that the regular season of college football is the playoffs. When in reality they will just shoehorn Alabama, Ohio State or Oklahoma into the playoffs every chance they get. And they are always great teams so of course they will do well in the playoffs. But then don't preach that the regular season is a playoff of sorts because it's not. If you want to be like the NFL and have real playoffs then expand this thing. If you're just deciding basically between 4 teams, they should at least all be the best in their conference. Whoever loses between LSU or Alabama is likely not the best in their conference. But like you said, the loser will probably still get included in the final four if they win out.
I don’t think you can compare the college system and professional football in the same manner. While it true that some teams seem to bring their history that shouldn’t matter in their system. It’s a new season with much more new players on the team that have no history so the college teams more difficult to state how much you can rely on the history of the team. This is the way a college team should be assessed being the primary importance is what is being accomplished this season only.

On the other hand the professional teams are more static and any new team additions are pretty well known what they are brining to the team. Even so there is no rankings so a loss isn’t necessarily critical because the first goal is to get in the playoffs. That system determines the championship. In College rankings are paramount because the playoffs are only a few select teams and what they accomplished .

Granted the selection committee has its biases but if the system is utilized correctly only the best of the best with accompanying records will compete. With professionals the records are important to the division level.

Thats how it should be but the trick for the college system is getting the objectivity. The smaller schools have it worked out pretty well because their system is more like a seasonal playoff and conferences are predetermined for the finals.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess people have not been taking Minnesota seriously, myself included. They are taking it to Penn State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom