2017 Fantasy Football Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I won one of my matches by 5 points. I know it wasn't as close as Dallens loss but I'm in a ppr league and he picked up 15 points of my 20 point lead in the first quarter alone. For some reason they stopped throwing to him after that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I have a question. I'm new at this -- always resisted playing FF until last year when a buddy of mine got left in a bind and needed me to fill in at the last second. I had some fun with it last year.

Why do I see Russell Wilson rated so highly? He seems to me like a guy who is better in real life than in fantasy. He got autodrafted for me (that's how into my draft I was) and I needed a backup so I picked up Carr. Of course Carr has been vastly better so far this year.

Speaking of that, do you guys find that the FF "experts" aren't that good? Most of the free sites I look at, I don't understand a lot of the rankings. Like Carr being way below Wilson, for instance.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have a question. I'm new at this -- always resisted playing FF until last year when a buddy of mine got left in a bind and needed me to fill in at the last second. I had some fun with it last year.

Why do I see Russell Wilson rated so highly? He seems to me like a guy who is better in real life than in fantasy. He got autodrafted for me (that's how into my draft I was) and I needed a backup so I picked up Carr. Of course Carr has been vastly better so far this year.

Speaking of that, do you guys find that the FF "experts" aren't that good? Most of the free sites I look at, I don't understand a lot of the rankings. Like Carr being way below Wilson, for instance.
Other than last year Wilson was averaging 500+ rushing yard points in addition to his passing. I did see a few sites having him ranked fairly high for a qb this year and I didn't, the combo of a shitty OL and coming off a injured down season had me rank him middle of the pack for qb

buckup

Brand New Member
It wasn't a hail mary. It was a tie ball game and the Gators have a talented field goal kicker, so the defense was designed to protect against a completion that would've gotten them into long FG range. The play broke down when our back up safety (our starter was lost for the year the week leading up to this game) didn't keep good position and when we let the QB roll out of the pocket.

It was a miracle play that hurts the heart, for sure. But we weren't playing a cover two against a hail mary.
Hit a bit of a nerve there [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION].

buckup

Brand New Member
I vaguely remember your username. But, can't remember if it was from here, or another site.
Like Middy's mom I've been around. It's been a long time since I posted anywhere but the last place I spent any time (before lurking here for a while) was where bbgun and midswat used to polute...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Like Middy's mom I've been around. It's been a long time since I posted anywhere but the last place I spent any time (before lurking here for a while) was where bbgun and midswat used to polute...
Well, welcome to the board.

midswat

... soon
Heads up: Iamtdg is this forums version of doomsday. Except he's poorer.

My mother is a saint, by the way.

Regarding Fantasy football....

Flex position, who should I play?

Evan Ingram, TE, Giants
Nelson Algohrah or whatever the frick, WR, Eagles
Alvin Kamara, RB, Saints

Cotton

Staff member
Don't listen to this jackwagon. I'm WAY funnier than Doomsday.

Cotton

Staff member

Evan Ingram, TE, Giants
Alvin Kamara, RB, Saints
Engram

Rev

Staff member

Evan Ingram, TE, Giants
Alvin Kamara, RB, Saints
LoL. Your fate lies in the arm of Eli. Ingram.

Cotton

Staff member
Went looking for a QB since Carr got hurt, and turns out you can still pick up Tony Romo.

midswat

... soon
Which three should i start between

Kelvin Benjamin
Mike Evans
Tyreek Hill
T.Y. Hilton

Cotton

Staff member
Which three should i start between

Kelvin Benjamin
Mike Evans
Tyreek Hill
T.Y. Hilton
I would start Benjamin, Evans and Hill.

Rev

Staff member
Here is one for you guys....

Mariota or Keenum? Mariota plays Monday and is questionable but has a better matchup. However if I wait and he doesnt go then I have to scramble for Cassel. Do I just go with Keenum (not anything left in a 2 QB league)?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Here is one for you guys....

Mariota or Keenum? Mariota plays Monday and is questionable but has a better matchup. However if I wait and he doesnt go then I have to scramble for Cassel. Do I just go with Keenum (not anything left in a 2 QB league)?
I'd play it safe and go with Keenum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom