2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You'd think that when Jerry says "I make the final decision on all personnel matters" that they would believe him. He did the same thing when Jimmy was here, the only difference was Jerry basically did whatever Jimmy wanted because he respected and trusted his opinion on the matter. Jerry doesn't have that trust or respect for anyone currently in our organization.
And yet Jerry hired these people. He doesn't want anyone else in the room that overshadows him. He wants all the credit to building the team but it's not just good enough for him to just sign off on other's decisions now. It's just a rich idiot fan trying to play GM. It's a fricking never-ending nightmare.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Jerry strikes again. His poor decisions make it impossible to even 2nd guess him.
Huh? I also would have drafted differently, but doing this exercise you already have the advantage of hindsight, you don't need to pick guys later than they were picked to put up a draft that everybody would be salivating over.

We all wanted a C, but Fredricksen was a reach so grab Schwenke and you'll be praised.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Just a rich clueless fan playing fantasy football with a real team.

This is the bottom line. And like any true fantasy football, it is 100% about the skill players and the lines are non-existent.

You are exactly right.

:window

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is the bottom line. And like any true fantasy football, it is 100% about the skill players and the lines are non-existent.
No they're set because we drafted guys 8 and 9 seasons ago. And we have Lissemore. And Crawford, and stuff.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Huh? I also would have drafted differently, but doing this exercise you already have the advantage of hindsight, you don't need to pick guys later than they were picked to put up a draft that everybody would be salivating over.

We all wanted a C, but Fredricksen was a reach so grab Schwenke and you'll be praised.
Not if you grab Schewnke in the 2nd.

And at the time I was for either staying at 18 and nabbing Floyd or once we moved down then getting Elam or Cyprien. No hindsight involved in that.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Not if you grab Schewnke in the 2nd.

And at the time I was for either staying at 18 and nabbing Floyd or once we moved down then getting Elam or Cyprien. No hindsight involved in that.
Considering he could be had at pick 80 you really need to be obtuse to grab him in the 2nd. What he did was a redraft with the knowledge where everyone was picked, go by what is or you might as well say you'd pick Warmack, Cooper, Austin, Vaccaro, Richardson, Joeckel and Ansah with the picks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, he's a twat.

Been saying that now for two or three iterations of the DCC.
I made a statement a few weeks back that said neither Smith or Barkley wouldn't' t go into first round and it drew a dart from some. I was officially relegated to one of the uninformed.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I made a statement a few weeks back that said neither Smith or Barkley wouldn't' t go into first round and it drew a dart from some. I was officially relegated to one of the uninformed.
I must have missed that. I would have agreed with you.

I had your back, I think.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I must have missed that. I would have agreed with you.

I had your back, I think.
Pretty much. The unnamed person thought I only subscribed to geriatric publications and should read actual sports mags. You indicated you thought he was referring to the circumstance that some qb desperate team would likely take one or both because of desperation.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Considering he could be had at pick 80 you really need to be obtuse to grab him in the 2nd. What he did was a redraft with the knowledge where everyone was picked, go by what is or you might as well say you'd pick Warmack, Cooper, Austin, Vaccaro, Richardson, Joeckel and Ansah with the picks.
That's true, but at the same time it wasn't anything unrealistic like the players you just mentioned.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If you re-draft with knowledge of where people are picked you basically are simulating giving yourself the benefit of a scouting staff and good sources of info on what's happening and where the stock of certain players lies.

Sure, sometimes you wouldn't know where guys were being rumored at accurately, but you never know what you would have available to you if you were a GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom