2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Looks like the hot water has cooled some for Mack Brown as of tonight.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Michigan is struggling with UConn, trailing 21-14 in the 4th qtr.

This after barely getting by Akron last week.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I went to the Baylor game today and they beat the hell out of ULM.

What was funny was sitting among the Baylor fans as they bragged about having the most explosive offense in the nation and how they're hanging 70 on opponents every week.

I just shook my head and laughed to myself.

Baylor has literally played nobody this year. They have one of the weakest non-conference schedules in the country.

You hung 70 on Wofford, Buffalo, and Louisiana Monroe. Props. Be proud. Sic 'em.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Michigan is struggling with UConn, trailing 21-14 in the 4th qtr.

This after barely getting by Akron last week.
We're now up 24-21, but like I said, we're a good team but not a great team. We clearly have issues getting motivated to play against cupcakes. That needs to be addressed because we don't have the depth or overall talent to get away with that crap.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Talk about dodging a bullet. And UCONN sucks. We REALLY need to clean that shit up.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I went to the Baylor game today and they beat the hell out of ULM.

What was funny was sitting among the Baylor fans as they bragged about having the most explosive offense in the nation and how they're hanging 70 on opponents every week.

I just shook my head and laughed to myself.

Baylor has literally played nobody this year. They have one of the weakest non-conference schedules in the country.

You hung 70 on Wofford, Buffalo, and Louisiana Monroe. Props. Be proud. Sic 'em.
Baylor fans are truly delusional.

I mean, their offense is very explosive, but their fans have no idea about football.

How full we're the stands?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
WV looks like they suck this year.
Yes but Maryland has been more impressive against UConn and WVU than ranked teams like Michigan and Oklahoma have, so that's something. At any rate, before the season I'd have been happy with Maryland making a bowl, that is looking like a lock and it's possible they could win 8 or even 9 games.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Baylor fans are truly delusional.

I mean, their offense is very explosive, but their fans have no idea about football.

How full we're the stands?
Looked like it was pretty close to capacity. There were some empty seats but if I had to guess I'd say the stadium was filled to about 90% capacity.

After halftime a lot of people took off. I left in the 3rd quarter shortly after Seastrunk broke that long run for a TD.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yes but Maryland has been more impressive against UConn and WVU than ranked teams like Michigan and Oklahoma have, so that's something. At any rate, before the season I'd have been happy with Maryland making a bowl, that is looking like a lock and it's possible they could win 8 or even 9 games.
The only reason WV played Oklahoma so closely is because Stoops was hell bent on playing a Freshman QB who can't throw worth a damn. If Blake Bell had started that game Oklahoma probably wins easily.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I didn't see the Maryland-UCONN game so I can't comment on how well the Terps performed or how it may or may not relate to UCONN's other games, but I can tell you that we didn't bother showing up last night against the Huskies. We were really uninterested in being there, and that's on Hoke.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I didn't see the Maryland-UCONN game so I can't comment on how well the Terps performed or how it may or may not relate to UCONN's other games, but I can tell you that we didn't bother showing up last night against the Huskies. We were really uninterested in being there, and that's on Hoke.
We turned the ball over like 3 or 4 times, failed to convert at least two 4th downs and generally played like idiots for most of the first half but won by 11. Not that it really matters much but it's not like we're 4-0 playing Baylor's schedule, UConn and WVU can at least give teams a game.

gator

Brand New Member
Florida head coach Will Muschamp told CBS' Tracy Wolfson that junior QB Jeff Driskel will have to undergo surgery on his injured tibia and will miss the remainder of the season.

Driskel suffered the injury while throwing a pick six during the first quarter against Tennessee. This could have been the last start Driskel ever makes at Florida, since the job may be given to a freshman currently redshirting this season. Or the job could go to Driskel's current replacement, redshirt junior Tyler Murphy. Expect the team to be much more ground oriented moving forward.
___

How much more ground oriented could they be?
Pease will call 70/30 like it's 1968.

Driskel wasn't improving and the offense was shit with him at the helm. Murphy's probably not the answer either but they at least get to look under the hood now. If Driskel stayed healthy all year he'd have a middling season and would start 2014 unchallenged. At least they'll have an open competition heading into next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, Florida is like a 9ish win type of team but if Muschamp doesn't get some talent at QB and the skill positions he's going to get fired within the next 2-3 years, probably just in time to bring in Chip Kelly once he flames out in Philly.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Looks like the hot water has cooled some for Mack Brown as of tonight.
Feh.

I'm looking forward to OU tearing us a new one again for all the nation to see.

That will get the heat back on Mack.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if ut make a respectable season out of it.

Tech has some glaring weaknesses. I'm sure that UT will beat them for the millionth time in Austin.

D

Deuce

FL DT Dominique Easley tore his ACL and is out the season. Sucks for the Gators, but could be good for us. He is absolutely nasty and this might cause him to slip. Unlike Floyd, I think he was a legit high end first round talent and would have elevated himself after workouts.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Agreed, Easley is one of the guys I've been looking at as a possibility with our 1st rounder. I'll be curious to see how his recovery goes and where his stock ends up, I'd be thrilled with him in the 2nd obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if his stock stayed in the back end of the 1st.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, Easley is one of the guys I've been looking at as a possibility with our 1st rounder. I'll be curious to see how his recovery goes and where his stock ends up, I'd be thrilled with him in the 2nd obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if his stock stayed in the back end of the 1st.
I can't support any D-line who wears a single digit number. How much does he weight? He doesn't look big enough to be a DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom