2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
And how did you gain such clever insights seeing as though you have no better vantage point than the average Joe? You obviously think highly of yourself and how you are so far above the rest.
Doesn't take special insights to list off the bullet points in their respective resumes. Takes a willingness to do some basic research.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Actually, I'm pretty sure without Bill, Hillary would be teaching Con Law or Crim Pro at the Arkansas School of Law.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Actually, I'm pretty sure without Bill, Hillary would be teaching Con Law or Crim Pro at the Arkansas School of Law.
That's probably true. They have had a pretty symbiotic relationship going back to Yale law. She did a lot of behind the scenes work and Bill could nail the presentation.

townsend

Banned
And how did you gain such clever insights seeing as though you have no better vantage point than the average Joe? You obviously think highly of yourself and how you are so far above the rest.
Because that's what the information available to the average Joe demonstrated. By your own admission you just don't want to evaluate the candidates rationally. Nothing I'm saying is profound it's just a visit interpretation anyone could make if they were Bing reasonably unbiased.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Doesn't take special insights to list off the bullet points in their respective resumes. Takes a willingness to do some basic research.
That and an assumption that your conclusions are correct. There is a difference in researching something and drawing a conclusion of your own making. Townsend isn't posting data from research he is posting subjective opinions based on what he wants people to believe. All he states is that he knows how things really are without anything but his statements.

townsend

Banned
I'm not 100% sure he wouldn't have a criminal record. Although I suppose he wouldn't be the first faculty member with lingering accusations against him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because that's what the information available to the average Joe demonstrated. By your own admission you just don't want to evaluate the candidates rationally. Nothing I'm saying is profound it's just a visit interpretation anyone could make if they were Bing reasonably unbiased.
But you base this on what you conclude not what is factual. You rarely say anything other than some detrimental conclusion of your own making. You can't possibly know some of these things factually. If so my question again; how can you say these things when you have no more at your disposal than the average Joe.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not 100% sure he wouldn't have a criminal record. Although I suppose he wouldn't be the first faculty member with lingering accusations against him.
Seems like Bill was the Governor and and President. Hillary was the first lady and the first lady. She had no political career until her husband opened the doors. There is a possibility she would still be working for a law firm if she hadn't swallowed her pride and stayed with him.

townsend

Banned
That and an assumption that your conclusions are correct. There is a difference in researching something and drawing a conclusion of your own making. Townsend isn't posting data from research he is posting subjective opinions based on what he wants people to believe. All he states is that he knows how things really are without anything but his statements.
My God. You declare Hillary a criminal and post a HuffPo article about not anything to do with that. But I need a congressional investigation to prove water is wet.

This is probably the most vital but of research to give a good idea of why she's the most qualified, and also a deeply problematic presidential candidate

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/magazine/how-hillary-clinton-became-a-hawk.html?referer=

Now I've posted most of Trumps fault, including his ignorance of the Nuclear triad. But here are a few primers.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hello-you-people-know-lot-about-trucks-363077
Trump talks like a 4th grader

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/02/politics/donald-trump-war-japan-north-korea/
Foreign Policy ignorance

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/05/06/king-of-debt-donald-trump-says-he-knows-how-the-u-s-might-get-out-of-paying-it-all​-back/
On economic ignorance

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not arguing that Hillary doesn't have book smarts relative to the general population but frankly I think she is infinitely less qualified as a politician than Bill. She is just as scummy, probably just as corrupt, and her after-White House political career was completely a result of her husband's popularity in the Democratic Party and softened image among conservatives in the post-W years. She handpicked a state where she could not lose an election and then lost a primary (where she was nearly gifted the nomination) due to her lack of appeal. She's been paraded back on stage now -- with the primary rules changed and rigged in her favor -- because if not for her gift wrapped experience at this point the Democratic field would be just as ugly as the Republican one.

She would have zero chance in a general election against any credible Republican candidate including two of the most unpopular in recent memory in John McCain and Mitt Romney. I'm open to the idea that she might be the lesser of two evils over Trump, if I could only strip her of her ability to appoint federal justices during her now inevitable term.

But this trumpeting of her accomplishments as if we should look at her as an actual candidate with any serious degree more than Trump is at best splitting hairs, and at worst, is some pretty apparent looking schilling from someone trying to appear unbiased (and failing).

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Seems like Bill was the Governor and and President. Hillary was the first lady and the first lady. She had no political career until her husband opened the doors. There is a possibility she would still be working for a law firm if she hadn't swallowed her pride and stayed with him.
I absolutely believe she's be nowhere near the presidency without Bill. She was a crucial part of his campaign, but he had all the charisma in the world, and she has none of it. Before she learned to be whatever the voters wanted at that moment, she was remarkably inflexible, without being able to swim in Bill's wake I think she pisses a bunch of people off and ends up relegated to a some job as a federal bureaucrat, like Ted Cruz after the 2000 election.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
My God. You declare Hillary a criminal and post a HuffPo article about not anything to do with that. But I need a congressional investigation to prove water is wet.

This is probably the most vital but of research to give a good idea of why she's the most qualified, and also a deeply problematic presidential candidate

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/magazine/how-hillary-clinton-became-a-hawk.html?referer=

Now I've posted most of Trumps fault, including his ignorance of the Nuclear triad. But here are a few primers.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hello-you-people-know-lot-about-trucks-363077
Trump talks like a 4th grader

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/02/politics/donald-trump-war-japan-north-korea/
Foreign Policy ignorance

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/05/06/king-of-debt-donald-trump-says-he-knows-how-the-u-s-might-get-out-of-paying-it-all​-back/
On economic ignorance
I didn't declare Hillary a criminal. You are incorrect about that. Now what else are you incorrect about. What I posted was her server was under criminal investigation. Don't go Jiggy on me.

townsend

Banned
I'm not arguing that Hillary doesn't have book smarts relative to the general population but frankly I think she is infinitely less qualified as a politician than Bill. She is just as scummy, probably just as corrupt, and her after-White House political career was completely a result of her husband's popularity in the Democratic Party and softened image among conservatives in the post-W years. She handpicked a state where she could not lose an election and then lost a primary where she was hand picked due to her lack of appeal. She's been paraded back on stage now because if not for her gift wrapped experience at this point the Democratic field would be just as ugly as the Republican one.

She would have zero chance in a general election against any credible Republican candidate including two of the most unpopular in recent memory in John McCain and Mitt Romney. I'm open to the idea that she might be the lesser of two evils over Trump, if I could only strip her of her ability to appoint federal justices during her now inevitable term.

But this trumpeting of her accomplishments as if we should look at her as an actual candidate with any serious degree more than Trump is at best splitting hairs, and at worst, is some pretty apparent looking schilling from someone trying to appear unbiased (and failing).
If you think I'm biased for Hillary, you're deeply incorrect. There were a few candidates on both sides of the aisle that I'd prefer to Hillary, not that they're any more smart, but her deep penchant for interventionism scares me. In this very thread I've criticized Hillary for her hawkishness, and corruptiblity but you guys are so busy trying to paint me as some kind of huge fan of hers, I guess you haven't noticed.

I didn't want Jalen Smith or Zeke. But I know for a fact that Zeke was a better pick. I'm not biased towards him, the other person was just so bad, it wasn't even a contest as to which was superior. Same thing with Hillary. But because I'm the guy who thinks "retarded" is an offensive term I have to face extensive scrutiny over an evaluation I've put plenty of time, research, and effort into.

It's not splitting hairs. Not even close. Trump has showed up to this contest without even a basic level of understanding of the issues, a consistent platform, a temperament worthy of the presidency, or even the strong support of anyone who knows what the job entails. He's a dumbass who's been elected by the least common denominator of a broken party And you don't even disagree with me on that!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you think I'm biased for Hillary, you're deeply incorrect. There were a few candidates on both sides of the aisle that I'd prefer to Hillary, not that they're any more smart, but her deep penchant for interventionism scares me. In this very thread I've criticized Hillary for her hawkishness, and corruptiblity but you guys are so busy trying to paint me as some kind of huge fan of hers, I guess you haven't noticed.

I didn't want Jalen Smith or Zeke. But I know for a fact that Zeke was a better pick. I'm not biased towards him, the other person was just so bad, it wasn't even a contest as to which was superior. Same thing with Hillary. But because I'm the guy who thinks "retarded" is an offensive term I have to face extensive scrutiny over an evaluation I've put plenty of time, research, and effort into.

It's not splitting hairs. Not even close. Trump has showed up to this contest without even a basic level of understanding of the issues, a consistent platform, a temperament worthy of the presidency, or even the strong support of anyone who knows what the job entails. He's a dumbass who's been elected by the least common denominator of a broken party And you don't even disagree with me on that!
I don't take issue with you about your preference of Hillary over Trump. What I see as somewhat asinine is your depiction that he is someone who can barely button his shirt. Obviously he has accomplished a lot and has a reasonable amount of intelligence. He is also schooled in business and knows something about economics. Yes he was born with money but some of our finest statesmen were born wealthy. Yet you see only what you would have us believe is an imbecile who can't cross the street by himself. Some of us have been around the business world enough to know that he isn't a complete Stumblebum so we get a little outraged when you make the type depictions you do because we know better from our own experiences that he has a few things going for him.

townsend

Banned
I don't take issue with you about your preference of Hillary over Trump. What I see as somewhat asinine is your depiction that he is someone who can barely button his shirt. Obviously he has accomplished a lot and has a reasonable amount of intelligence. He is also schooled in business and knows something about economics. Yes he was born with money but some of our finest statesmen were born wealthy. Yet you see only what you would have us believe is an imbecile who can't cross the street by himself. Some of us have been around the business world enough to know that he isn't a complete Stumblebum so we get a little outraged when you make the type depictions you do because we know better from our own experiences that he has a few things going for him.
I can't say for certain that he's unintelligent (though I do believe that he is) but in this race he's done plenty to make himself seem intellgent, his cadence and his baffling ignorance sure don't point to great signs of understanding the requirements of the office of the presidency. Maybe he is a great business mogul (although I still think his failures make him less than great) Carson was an outstanding surgeon, but really struggled to learn anything about world policy http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/us/politics/ben-carson-is-struggling-to-grasp-foreign-policy-advisers-say.html?referer=

It's really important that Trump had shown the capability to learn new things, and I think the evidence strongly supports that he hasn't. I just posted his ridiculous notion that he could negotiate the national debt. That's the sign of a man who thinks he can use his old skillsets to solve different, and much more complex problems. Whether or not he's business savvy, he has not proven himself to be the kind of intelligent to be minimally eligible to hold office.

I don't believe that is a criticism that could similarly stick to Hillary.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Looking up information about people and judging them based on it is the rational way any sane person judges a candidate. You're the one claiming you don't have to be rational, then saying being rational takes special insight. It's not like it takes a serious investigation to look up a list of Trump's ridiculous business errors and ignorant statements.

There's good reason both of these candidates are going into this election with record negative numbers. Hillary is corrupt and Trump is incompetent.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't say for certain that he's unintelligent (though I do believe that he is) but in this race he's done plenty to make himself seem intellgent, his cadence and his baffling ignorance sure don't point to great signs of understanding the requirements of the office of the presidency. Maybe he is a great business mogul (although I still think his failures make him less than great) Carson was an outstanding surgeon, but really struggled to learn anything about world policy http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/us/politics/ben-carson-is-struggling-to-grasp-foreign-policy-advisers-say.html?referer=

It's really important that Trump had shown the capability to learn new things, and I think the evidence strongly supports that he hasn't. I just posted his ridiculous notion that he could negotiate the national debt. That's the sign of a man who thinks he can use his old skillsets to solve different, and much more complex problems. Whether or not he's business savvy, he has not proven himself to be the kind of intelligent to be minimally eligible to hold office.

I don't believe that is a criticism that could similarly stick to Hillary.
How would you classify Hillary's knowledge of business and economics?Notwithstanding her philosophy of each but her actual hands on experience. To my knowledge she has little if any actual experience with budgets, the Fed. or the banking system. To my knowledge she has never owned or operated a business. As a Senator she served on a few committees and as Secretary of State she was a cabinet member in an advisory captivity to the president but business and economic matters are lacking.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
How would you classify Hillary's knowledge of business and economics?Notwithstanding her philosophy of each but her actual hands on experience. To my knowledge she has little if any actual experience with budgets, the Fed. or the banking system. To my knowledge she has never owned or operated a business. As a Senator she served on a few committees and as Secretary of State she was a cabinet member in an advisory captivity to the president but business and economic matters are lacking.
The current president didn't know anything about that either and he's managed to create an economic recovery with very little job growth and stagnant wages. Sounds about perfect for what you want the economy to do.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well she did all of this before she married him.
During her postgraduate study, Rodham served as staff attorney for Edelman's newly founded Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge, Massachusetts,[56] and as a consultant to the Carnegie Council on Children.[57] In 1974 she was a member of the impeachment inquiry staff in Washington, D.C., advising the House Committee on the Judiciary during the Watergate scandal.[58] Under the guidance of Chief Counsel John Doar and senior member Bernard Nussbaum,[39] Rodham helped research procedures of impeachment and the historical grounds and standards for impeachment.[58] The committee's work culminated in the resignation of President Richard Nixon in August 1974.[58]

In August 1974, Rodham moved to Fayetteville, Arkansas, and became one of only two female faculty members in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.[64][65] She gave classes in criminal law, where she was considered a rigorous teacher and tough grader, and was the first director of the school's legal aid clinic.
So she already had connections to do much more.

Jiggyfly

Banned
She was on 5 committees as a Senator and one of them was the budget committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom