Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
First team in NFL history to gain home field advantage and fail to win a game.
Okay, I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

D

Deuce

@jonmachota: Jerry Jones: "This [Chicago] team last night was we didnt think the kind of team that should have been able to be that effective against us"

Cotton

Staff member
I went and found one more:

They are on track to set records for first downs given up (25.3 a game, .025 behind the record) and passing first downs (15.4, ahead of the record).

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
@jonmachota: Jerry Jones: "This [Chicago] team last night was we didnt think the kind of team that should have been able to be that effective against us"
But yet there's no one else you'd rather have to get the defense back on track than Monte. :jerk

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
“To fix what we’re doing, there’s nobody I’d rather have than him and Rod Marinelli, and where we are today to get this fixed over the next week, two weeks, three weeks,” Jones said. “There’s nobody I’d rather have than him to fix it. First of all, he knows what we’re doing better than anyone, and if there are adjustments to be made, he’s the right man for the job right now.”

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Most times running up field right past the QB in a single game.

Congrats to Demarcus! :towel

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
:stop

I guess he has to try and defend the guy in the media but he can't really believe that Kiffin has any chance to fix this defense at this point. For Christ's sake the man's answer to "fixing" his baldness is to work a ridiculous combover.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How is it true just because Campo is terrible, that Garrett "isn't in the same zipcode"
Just because one is shitty, doesn't mean the other can't also be shitty.
It does mean that if the one of them was so bad that no NFL coach has "ever looked so out of his depth." It implies a uniqueness in how bad he was.

And Clay said that, not me. Clay hates Garrett.

It's the truth. Campo was a different level from Garrett, even if you think Garrett is no good. Campo was all time bad. It's not a discussion.

Of course, Garrett is average, so there's that too.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
:stop

I guess he has to try and defend the guy in the media but he can't really believe that Kiffin has any chance to fix this defense at this point. For Christ's sake the man's answer to "fixing" his baldness is to work a ridiculous combover.

Jerry knows something about concealing baldness.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It does mean that if the one of them was so bad that no NFL coach has "ever looked so out of his depth." It implies a uniqueness in how bad he was.

And Clay said that, not me. Clay hates Garrett.

It's the truth. Campo was a different level from Garrett, even if you think Garrett is no good. Campo was all time bad. It's not a discussion.

Of course, Garrett is average, so there's that too.
:lol Ok.

But I love how you're now clinging to something Clay said like it's gospel. Usually, you're telling him how wrong he is.

Sure helps when something helps an agenda, huh.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I have to agree with Schmitty.

We had about a 1:30 left and a couple of timeouts. Ten times out of ten an NFL coach is going to try to score points on a drive before the half by throwing the ball. Especially since it was apparent that we were going to have to put up a ton of points to win. We needed to try to score on every possession because the defense was nonexistent.

We couldn't afford to have empty possessions. Every possession counted.

IIRC, the field position was fairly decent on the possession as well. It's not like we were backed up inside our own 10. We were around the 35 yard line.

If they kneeled down 3 times to run the clock out I'm pretty sure most would rip them for being spineless quitters.
But it WAS an empty possession and it came back too bite us. We'd been effective all game with the run and barely moved the ball through air. We had a minute and a half and 2 time outs. And, the defense was so bad you HAD to keep them off the field as much as possible. Let's pass! :dunce

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol Ok.

But I love how you're now clinging to something Clay said like it's gospel. Usually, you're telling him how wrong he is.

Sure helps when something helps an agenda, huh.
He's usually wrong when it comes to Garrett due to his hyperbole, but even this one is too far out there for him.

So maybe think about that when considering what you are saying. It's beyond out in left field.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But it WAS an empty possession and it came back too bite us.
Running would have almost guaranteed an empty possession. How long did that drive take where we ran the ball the first time? Like 7 minutes?

We didn't have that long. Passing was necessary there if you wanted points.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I refuse to defend my least favorite coach of all time just because Garrett sucks.

If Garrett had been forced to pay his dues and work his way up the career ladder to a HC position after being an assistant to a top head coach, instead of getting everything handed to him when he had no resume or qualifications, he might have been alright.

There isn't a universe where Dave Campo could be a good head coach of a team that plays above the Division II NCAA level.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Running would have almost guaranteed an empty possession. How long did that drive take where we ran the ball the first time? Like 7 minutes?

We didn't have that long. Passing was necessary there if you wanted points.
Yes we had that long. And even if we don't score, worst case is we run the clock out or give the ball back without enough time for them to score. But you can certainly start out running then mix in some passes as time winds down. Especially when you consider when you run the ball it's easier to get back to line fast because usually everyone is still near the line of scrimmage.

Btw you love to trot out the argument that someone is only criticizing because it didn't work. That's a specious argument. It didn't work because it was poor strategy. Which makes the criticism warranted.

Cotton

Staff member
Murray had 8.1 ypc last night.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom