Jon Stewart Leaving 'The Daily Show'

townsend

Banned
Jon Stewart is really liberal but he usually can mock both sides. Colbert is liberal and he satirizes the entire political scene with his side of it. Problem with it is when you take it all too seriously and start trying to make points instead of jokes.

I'm not confusing Poehler's character with her, but she does write the show and I get the idea that she gets politicians she likes on the show because she is a big fan
John McCain has been on twice.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
John McCain has been on twice.
Not a guy I'd consider a conservative, more of a complete asshole that defies political definition, but also not popular with the hollywood liberal crowd, so point taken there.

townsend

Banned
Not a guy I'd consider a conservative, more of a complete asshole that defies political definition, but also not popular with the hollywood liberal crowd, so point taken there.
Most importantly he's a guy who's willing to be in on the joke. Just like Biden, and Michelle Obama. The representation of the right wing on the show (Ron Swanson) hates government, so there wouldn't be any politicians that would impress him.

It should be noted that Swanson's frequently come out as the more rational character in a lot of the govt. versus free market rivalries with Leslie.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Most importantly he's a guy who's willing to be in on the joke. Just like Biden, and Michelle Obama. The representation of the right wing on the show (Ron Swanson) hates government, so there wouldn't be any politicians that would impress him.

It should be noted that Swanson's frequently come out as the more rational character in a lot of the govt. versus free market rivalries with Leslie.
Swanson might secretly donate gold to Ron Paul.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Amy Poehler would be outstanding. I think Tina Fey has too many things going on...while Poehler has a show about to end.
Poehler is who Fey works with on most of her projects so they would both be to busy but I think she would be great.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jon Stewart is really liberal but he usually can mock both sides. Colbert is liberal and he satirizes the entire political scene with his side of it. Problem with it is when you take it all too seriously and start trying to make points instead of jokes.

I'm not confusing Poehler's character with her, but she does write the show and I get the idea that she gets politicians she likes on the show because she is a big fan
Man you are way over thinking this, the joke is who in there right mind would worship Biden it just illustrates the point of how wacky Nope is.

If she were trying to make a liberal point Michelle Obama would have been the easiest choice.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Man you are way over thinking this, the joke is who in there right mind would worship Biden it just illustrates the point of how wacky Nope is.

If she were trying to make a liberal point Michelle Obama would have been the easiest choice.
She was also on the show and a subject of worship, just saying.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

She was also on the show and a subject of worship, just saying.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I never watched it outside of the occasional clip on the web but Stewart has a good delivery and wasn't afraid to take shots at either "side" of the political spectrum, sometimes both sides in one sequence. I don't know anything about this guy but I'd be surprised if he garners the popularity that Stewart did.

townsend

Banned
Trevor Noah has a special on Netflix, I made it about 7 minutes into it because it was painful to watch. Most of his "correspondent" pieces on the Daily show have felt the same way to me.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Trevor Noah has a special on Netflix, I made it about 7 minutes into it because it was painful to watch. Most of his "correspondent" pieces on the Daily show have felt the same way to me.
I also don't care for it to be someone foreign-born. A guy from New York satirizing our politics and media is one thing. When it's a foreign citizen with an accent, it feels a little condescending.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I also don't care for it to be someone foreign-born. A guy from New York satirizing our politics and media is one thing. When it's a foreign citizen with an accent, it feels a little condescending.
"You Americans should have a government more like South Africa!" :nodno

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Trevor is going to be a bust, which hopefully means fewer idiots get their news from Comedy Channel.

D

Deuce

I typically agree, but John Oliver is excellent.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah I think people are more tolerant of a British person though.
He is also a lot more well known. He's from England, but he's an American citizen and has lived here and been on television for quite a while now

dallen

Senior Tech
Top Bottom