MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Longest scoreless game in the history of the Rangers' ballpark.
It was a great game to watch. Two very nice pitching performances.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Scrappy Mets...get to 500 and lets see what happens...April is a killer schedule though.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Braves are finally starting to hit a little bit. Even BJ Upton.

Completed the 3 game sweep of the Nationals. The Braves just have their number. Dare I say....we're in their heads.

Next up....4 games in Philly. Utley has been crushing it so far this year. We may have to pitch around him and make free swinging, wide-nose Howard beat us.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Wednesday is going to be interesting. Seattle in Arlington. King Felix vs Darvish. Things could get crazy and something will have to give. We score on King Felix in Arlington but we don't score for Darvish. End of the world type consequences.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Scrappy Mets...get to 500 and lets see what happens...April is a killer schedule though.
I have Valverde in my fantasy league because I drafted Parnell and swapped him out as soon as I heard "UCL". Don't feel good about it. I could see him sticking in kind of a roller coaster season and picking up 30 saves. Or he could epically melt down and lose the job soon. Never know. Kevin Gregg somehow did a decent job as a MLB closer last year so nothing would surprise me.

Shaky though. Figure he's going to ding my ERA and WHIP even if he picks up a bunch of saves. Who do you think is next if he loses the job? Black can't find the plate and is in the minors, right?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Black has been disappointing for sure, but Valverde will be fine...one hiccup, but he has been good so far.

Rev

Staff member
I know its still early but the Rangers offense is about like last year. Big bag o crap. Dave Magadan can get the hell out of here.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know its still early but the Rangers offense is about like last year. Big bag o crap. Dave Magadan can get the hell out of here.
Yeah, it's frustrating to say the least. I mean we have injuries to key positions, but they are on the freakin' pitching staff, not out in the field (except Beltre, of course).

Rev

Staff member
Bad news for the rest of the world. Joey Gallo is learning to take walks and lowering his K rate. Pretty much say goodbye to the baseball in a few years when he hits the bigs.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
George Springer debuts today for the Astros. He is a top prospect who has been raking in AAA, so I am excited.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Tanaka is the real deal. After 3 starts 2-0 with a 2.05 ERA and 2BB with 28K in 22 innings.

1st start (W)
7IP
6H
2ER
0BB

2nd start (ND)
7IP
7H
3ER
1BB

3rd start (W)
8IP
2H
0ER
1BB

Rev

Staff member
He is no Darvish but yeah I wished the Rangers had him.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
He is no Darvish but yeah I wished the Rangers had him.
I don't think he's as good as Darvish either, but they both came to the US at 25 and I think Tanaka will have a better rookie season than Darvish did.

I think Yu throws a no hitter this season. So many close calls.

D

Deuce

My fantasy team had Tanaka, Gee and King Felix go today. Who would've figured that Felix is almost assured to have the worst day of the trio?

Top Bottom