The Beer Thread

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
What are your top ten? Mine always changes as I find new things and it is usually a mixed bag of really good beers and just things that are convenient and enjoyable to drink that I find myself buying on a regular basis.

Mine in no particular order

New Glarus Spotted Cow
Stone IPA
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Green Flash West Coast IPA
O'Dells 90 Schilling
Tyranea Bitter Woman IPA
Bell's Two Hearted
Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale
Finnegans (Summit)
Stone Enjoy By
No Dogfish Head? GTFO!

As an aside, I tried Sam Adam's West Coast Style Rebel IPA this weekend. It's pretty decent.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
What are your top ten? Mine always changes as I find new things and it is usually a mixed bag of really good beers and just things that are convenient and enjoyable to drink that I find myself buying on a regular basis.

Mine in no particular order

New Glarus Spotted Cow
Stone IPA
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Green Flash West Coast IPA
O'Dells 90 Schilling
Tyranea Bitter Woman IPA
Bell's Two Hearted
Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale
Finnegans (Summit)
Stone Enjoy By
There are a few beers that I can't get here that are among the best beers I've ever had: Three Floyds Zombie Dust, Russian River Pliny the Elder, & Russian River Blind Pig.

A few seasonal/limited that have really impressed me are Lagunitas Sucks, Drake's Aroma Coma, Founders KBS, certain Stone Enjoy By releases (some have been better than others).

Some of the better ones that I can buy around here at pretty much anytime: Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Ballast Point Sculpin, Stone Ruination, Firestone Walker Double Jack, Green Flash West Coast, etc., etc., etc.

One beer I've been bringing home a lot recently is Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. It's a really hoppy, delicious DIPA (8%) and a bomber of it is only about $4.50 or so, which is significantly less expensive than comparable offerings from other breweries.

Some of my local beers are (512) Pecan Porter, Austin Beerworks Sputnik (seasonal), Hops & Grain Greenhouse IPA.

I'm surely forgetting some really good beer but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Have I said lately that I like Miller Lite?

:tippytoe

junk

Not So New Member
No Dogfish Head? GTFO!

As an aside, I tried Sam Adam's West Coast Style Rebel IPA this weekend. It's pretty decent.
Don't have that here. I see it is in some neighboring states, so I'll have to look for it when I travel.

I had the Rebel IPA recently as well. I'm not usually a huge Sam Adams fan, but I thought they did a good job with it.

junk

Not So New Member
There are a few beers that I can't get here that are among the best beers I've ever had: Three Floyds Zombie Dust, Russian River Pliny the Elder, & Russian River Blind Pig.

A few seasonal/limited that have really impressed me are Lagunitas Sucks, Drake's Aroma Coma, Founders KBS, certain Stone Enjoy By releases (some have been better than others).

Some of the better ones that I can buy around here at pretty much anytime: Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Ballast Point Sculpin, Stone Ruination, Firestone Walker Double Jack, Green Flash West Coast, etc., etc., etc.

One beer I've been bringing home a lot recently is Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. It's a really hoppy, delicious DIPA (8%) and a bomber of it is only about $4.50 or so, which is significantly less expensive than comparable offerings from other breweries.

Some of my local beers are (512) Pecan Porter, Austin Beerworks Sputnik (seasonal), Hops & Grain Greenhouse IPA.

I'm surely forgetting some really good beer but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
I'd really like to try some Russian River stuff. I think it'll have to be the next time I'm in Colorado. It isn't very widely distributed.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
I've tried just about every kind of beer there is. The only difference I could figure out was the amount of sugar they fed the horses before they pissed in the bottles. I've never been able to develop a taste for beer.

I'll stick with my Jim Beam.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
New Belgium recently released a new beer called Snapshot. I picked some up the other day.

It's not bad. It's a solid wheat beer with just the right amount of citrus hints. You can detect the citrus but it's not too fruity like some of those lime beers.

It has a pale yellow body and it's not too foamy.

It's smooth and very easy to drink so I think this would fall into the day beer category. They're very "crushable"....meaning you can kill about 3 or 4 of them while watching a game and still be functional.

If you're tailgating and like wheat beers this beer should be in your rotation.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Not a big fan of Stone's Way to Go IPA
Go get some Stone Enjoy By 4.20.14 if you can. F'ing great. They do a few of these Enjoy By batches every year and this one might be the best one I've ever had. It is outstanding and a near perfect representative to my favorite style of beer.

junk

Not So New Member
Go get some Stone Enjoy By 4.20.14 if you can. F'ing great. They do a few of these Enjoy By batches every year and this one might be the best one I've ever had. It is outstanding and a near perfect representative to my favorite style of beer.
I'll look this weekend. They usually have that around here.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I've tried just about every kind of beer there is. The only difference I could figure out was the amount of sugar they fed the horses before they pissed in the bottles. I've never been able to develop a taste for beer.

I'll stick with my Jim Beam.
HAHAHA

junk

Not So New Member
I'll look more this weekend, but my one go to place said they sold it all in 2 days.

I bought some Game of Thrones beer, but haven't tried it yet.

junk

Not So New Member
[MENTION=4]EZ22[/MENTION] - went on a road trip today and ended up in Wisconsin where I found some Dogfish 90 Minute IPA.
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION] - can't find Enjoy By 4/20 anywhere. I think the stoners bought it all.

Top Bottom