NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yea, I thought you'd get a kick out of the torn meniscus thing.
You know, if he wasn't such an ass about it I wouldn't care. But Beverley has made it a point to rub it in the faces of the OKC players and fans.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Westbrook's Subway commercial is greatness...he looks and sounds retarded.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If Indiana doesn't get it together and play better these next two weeks I don't think they'll make it to the ECF. I could see Toronto or Chicago knocking them off in the 2nd round.

Chicago in particular. Chicago's achilles heel is their offense lacks consistency. Well the Pacers have been struggling on offense as well since the All Star break. That would play right into Chicago's hands. I could see them locked up in a series where the average scores are in the mid 80s and in that scenario I favor Chicago.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Westbrook's Subway commercial is greatness...he looks and sounds retarded.
Hanks
De Niro
Nicholson
Westbrook
D. Washington

in that order.

As an aside, I love the Southern Comfort commercial with the old black man dancing in the yellow shirt. That is true greatness. You can tell he was feeling it. The Comfort had a hold of him and he was feeling nice. I've been there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hanks
De Niro
Nicholson
Westbrook
D. Washington

in that order.

As an aside, I love the Southern Comfort commercial with the old black man dancing in the yellow shirt. That is true greatness. You can tell he was feeling it. The Comfort had a hold of him and he was feeling nice. I've been there.
Are you flateasing me?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Indiana doesn't get it together and play better these next two weeks I don't think they'll make it to the ECF. I could see Toronto or Chicago knocking them off in the 2nd round.

Chicago in particular. Chicago's achilles heel is their offense lacks consistency. Well the Pacers have been struggling on offense as well since the All Star break. That would play right into Chicago's hands. I could see them locked up in a series where the average scores are in the mid 80s and in that scenario I favor Chicago.
Like I said a while back, the Bulls can give them a series, but I can't really see them winning it since the Pacers have the best player on the court in George and homecourt. We could take them 6, maybe even 7, but I would be surprised if we beat them.

One of the main reasons they give the Heat such trouble is because Hibbert feasts against the small Miami frontline, he's an All-NBA caliber player against the Heat, against everybody else he's basically just a good player, sometimes worse. And if he's facing a team with strong interior defense like the Bulls, he can be taken out of the game all together.

But hey, I'm just a stupid homer for thinking the Bulls could beat Indiana in a series with a healthy Rose, or so I've been told.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dirk putting it on the Clippers late and we have a 10 point lead late in the 4th.

We've been leading those guys in every game this season just to blow it in the end. We cannot do that tonight with the way this playoff race is going.

We're in a 3-way for the 8th seed, which we currently hold over Memphis and Phoenix, but obviously you need every game you can get at this stage.

That loss at the buzzer to Golden State hurt.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And in the blink of an eye, the Mavs let them score 6.....what a horrible crunch time team we are.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The worst 4th quarter team in the league strikes again.

What a band of choking bitches these guys are. Cannot close out opponents and the most embarrassing part is, they are failing to close out opponents when they have decent sized leads that should be too much to overcome.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man, the Mavs look like they might just get away with this one, but my goodness....those last 5 possessions were an absolute embarrassment.

If you want to show a team how not to handle the ball and which shots not to take in critical possessions late in a game where you have the lead, just show them the last 3 minutes of the Mavs offense in this one.

Sheesh.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Spurs should just starting call the Thunder "daddy".

4-0 regular season sweep.

WE'RE IN THEIR HEAD, WERDER!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Thunder seem to match up well with the Spurs for whatever reason, I think alot of it is because Westbrook makes Parker work so hard on the defensive end and saps his enery on the offensive end. On the other hand I don't think the Thunder match up well with the Heat while the Spurs do.

If it's Spurs/Heat, I expect a Spurs win, Thunder/Heat, I don't think it even goes 7 with Miami winning.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Thunder seem to match up well with the Spurs for whatever reason, I think alot of it is because Westbrook makes Parker work so hard on the defensive end and saps his enery on the offensive end. On the other hand I don't think the Thunder match up well with the Heat while the Spurs do.

If it's Spurs/Heat, I expect a Spurs win, Thunder/Heat, I don't think it even goes 7 with Miami winning.
The only way I see the Thunder beating the Heat is if they take care of the ball and move it around smartly like they've shown they can do from time to time. The problem is they don't do those two things consistently. The only time that I can recall them playing under control and moving the ball smartly over a multiple game stretch was the 2012 series against the Spurs. That year they pretty much beat the Spurs at their own game.

Also, it would be helpful if Scott Brooks stopped playing Kendrick Perkins against the Heat. It's been proven as FACT that Perk is completely worthless against the Heat. It's no longer a theory, it's proven FACT.

It's as if Brooks enjoys watching his team fall behind by 10 early to the Heat because that's what always happens when Perkins starts against Miami.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The only way I see the Thunder beating the Heat is if they take care of the ball and move it around smartly like they've shown they can do from time to time. The problem is they don't do those two things consistently. The only time that I can recall them playing under control and moving the ball smartly over a multiple game stretch was the 2012 series against the Spurs. That year they pretty much beat the Spurs at their own game.

Also, it would be helpful if Scott Brooks stopped playing Kendrick Perkins against the Heat. It's been proven as FACT that Perk is completely worthless against the Heat. It's no longer a theory, it's proven FACT.

It's as if Brooks enjoys watching his team fall behind by 10 early to the Heat because that's what always happens when Perkins starts against Miami.
Yea they might want to consider just starting Ibaka at center and going small ball against Miami, the key will be Westbrook and if he can keep his composure and not do all sorts of dumb shit. The other thing is most of OKC's offense just seems to be predicated on getting the ball up the floor quick, using their athleticism and getting off quick shots, that won't work against Miami and if anything it would likely work against them as it could spark Miami's break.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Indiana is a complete mess right now.

I think 1big might be right in that they ain't even making it to the conference finals.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Indiana is kind of overrated anyway, they won 42 and 49 games the past two years, they weren't a dominant team at all last year, they just match up with Miami really well and their 7 game series enhanced the perception of the team. They were a 3 seed last year and only finished about 4-5 games ahead of Rose-less Chicago in the division, 49 wins and a 3 seed is very solid but it's not elite.

They started off this season really hot but after the first 2 months or so of the season they've been simply an above average team.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Roy Hibbert is garbage. One of the most overrated players in the game today.

7'2" and he only pulls down 1 rebound against a small Heat front line. :lol

I have serious concerns about the Pacers even being able to make it to round two. I could seriously see Charlotte pulling off the upset.

If I could reseed the East based on how the teams have looked since January 1, 2014 it would look like this.

1. Miami
2. Toronto
3. Chicago
4. Brooklyn
5. Indiana
6. Washington
7. Charlotte
8. Atlanta

Top Bottom