Demarco Murray traded to the Titans

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14923762/philadelphia-eagles-trading-demarco-murray-tennessee-titans

The Tennessee Titans were finalizing a deal Monday to trade for Philadelphia Eagles running back DeMarco Murray, league sources told ESPN.

The trade expected to be completed when the new league year begins Wednesday.

Murray was given permission to find a trade partner, and he identified and sought out Tennessee, which he thought to be a good fit and an exciting opportunity, according to one person who knows Murray.

Murray's agent, Bill Johnson, spent recent days helping to work out the deal with Tennessee.

Johnson and Titans officials felt comfortable enough Monday night that the trade now is expected to be officially completed Wednesday.

:lol :lol :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Man, the Eagles are doing whatever they can to erase the fact that Chip Kelly ever existed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14923762/philadelphia-eagles-trading-demarco-murray-tennessee-titans

The Tennessee Titans were finalizing a deal Monday to trade for Philadelphia Eagles running back DeMarco Murray, league sources told ESPN.

The trade expected to be completed when the new league year begins Wednesday.

Murray was given permission to find a trade partner, and he identified and sought out Tennessee, which he thought to be a good fit and an exciting opportunity, according to one person who knows Murray.

Murray's agent, Bill Johnson, spent recent days helping to work out the deal with Tennessee.

Johnson and Titans officials felt comfortable enough Monday night that the trade now is expected to be officially completed Wednesday.

:lol :lol :lol
I'm surprised the Titans are willing to take on that contract. Murray really must not be concerned about winning at all.

The Eagles on the other hand are going to be left with no one to play. They are totally dismantling this roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm surprised the Titans are willing to take on that contract. Murray really must not be concerned about winning at all.

The Eagles on the other hand are going to be left with no one to play. They are totally dismantling this roster.
It is not up to Murray. He can't block a trade.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Archer tweeted that the Cowboys at least talked about acquiring him but discussions didn't go that far.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Archer tweeted that the Cowboys at least talked about acquiring him but discussions didn't go that far.
It stopped at the money angle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Could be a big factor:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well Archer also tweeted that the contract will be reworked.
Yeah but I'm talking probably less then half the size of his current contract. I'm sure the Eagles needed somethings reworked to trade him as well. They were going to take a cap hit if they cut him. Same thing by trading him.

data

Forbes #1
Even with a restructured lower contract, the entire signing bonus from last year now accelerates into one lump sum cap hit, right?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even with a restructured lower contract, the entire signing bonus from last year now accelerates into one lump sum cap hit, right?
Yeah unless he paid it back or the Titans paid the Eagles some of it back.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Murray to the Titans and Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell were traded to Miami. Talk about purging the team of all things Chip Kelly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Could be a big factor:

No state income sounds like it would be a real turnoff. :unsure

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How the fuck are the eagles saving like 9 million dollars in cap space when they signed Murray and Maxwell to huge deals just a year ago? Meanwhile 4 years after signing Carr we're still worried about cap hits. Wtf is this wizardry?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How the fuck are the eagles saving like 9 million dollars in cap space when they signed Murray and Maxwell to huge deals just a year ago? Meanwhile 4 years after signing Carr we're still worried about cap hits. Wtf is this wizardry?
Something odd with Murray. If they would have cut him they would have lost like 5 mil in cap space. By trading him though they saved 4 mil. Not really sure how they structured his contract to accomplish that but basically the answer is trading guys is not the same as cutting them. Personally I always thought bonus money got accelerated to the team trading away the player the same as if they would have cut them. I guess not?

Top Bottom