MLB Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Mission accomplished. Too easy :lol
I checked out in Sept so none of this really means anything.

I don't particularly hate the Rangers and would have rooted for them until all of the Gallo slurping.

And this ungodly losing percentage started mounting.

So yeah now suck it.:flip

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't have Insider to access the full article but here is the beginning of Keith Law's article about Tim Tebow:

Ouch. Law is a former front office guy in Toronto and now does scouting/prospect coverage for ESPN. I am assuming he is out in Arizona to watch players in the Arizona Fall League, where Tebow is currently playing. He won't be playing in the AFL this weekend though because he has to work at his real job.
Sounds legit.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
He is, and he's certainly part of that baseball elitist culture that hoped for bad things on Tebow because "he didn't come up through the game like other players."
I think he is also part of that baseball elitist culture that rightly expected and predicted that Tebow is not a legit prospect but rather a marketing tool. In fairness to Tebow I don't see how he can be expected to compete with the talent in the AFL---there is a lot of top-level prospect talent playing there---but I think that is also kind of the point.

D

Deuce

I think he is also part of that baseball elitist culture that rightly expected and predicted that Tebow is not a legit prospect but rather a marketing tool. In fairness to Tebow I don't see how he can be expected to compete with the talent in the AFL---there is a lot of top-level prospect talent playing there---but I think that is also kind of the point.
I agree on expectation but this also looks like Law had this written before he even arrived and couldn't wait to hit send.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I agree on expectation but this also looks like Law had this written before he even arrived and couldn't wait to hit send.
Maybe, but how do you think people who participate in/follow/write about MMA reacted when CM Punk got his ass kicked in his first fight? It is really no different with Tebow. Both are imposters who are getting a shot merely because they are a name that will draw interest/clicks. Period. The whole situation is just a giant eye roll and eye rolling is what is going to happen with some people. Rightfully so, IMO.

D

Deuce

Maybe, but how do you think people who participate in/follow/write about MMA reacted when CM Punk got his ass kicked in his first fight? It is really no different with Tebow. Both are imposters who are getting a shot merely because they are a name that will draw interest/clicks. Period. The whole situation is just a giant eye roll and eye rolling is what is going to happen with some people. Rightfully so, IMO.
Media members complaining about publicity stunts is hilarious. Law wasn't forced to write about Tebow. He did because he wants the clicks as bad as the Mets do.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Media members complaining about publicity stunts is hilarious. Law wasn't forced to write about Tebow. He did because he wants the clicks as bad as the Mets do.
He used his platform to express his opinion that Tebow has no business there. I am quite sure he is not alone in that opinion and that it is shared by many scouts and other baseball people who do not have the same platform. Call Law a hater, that's fine. As always though, Tebow lovers are going to be real salty every time anything disparaging is written about him. Tebow absolutely opened himself up to this kind of scrutiny. Don't shoot the messenger.

D

Deuce

He used his platform to express his opinion that Tebow has no business there. I am quite sure he is not alone in that opinion and that it is shared by many scouts and other baseball people who do not have the same platform. Call Law a hater, that's fine. As always though, Tebow lovers are going to be real salty every time anything disparaging is written about him. Tebow absolutely opened himself up to this kind of scrutiny. Don't shoot the messenger.
My point was that if you don't like the "stunt", don't give it coverage. If people like Law don't write about him, he'll simply go away.

Unless hes he's actually making a legit attempt which would ruin their take on him.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
My point was that if you don't like the "stunt", don't give it coverage. If people like Law don't write about him, he'll simply go away.

Unless hes he's actually making a legit attempt which would ruin their take on him.
Law is in Arizona covering the AFL. Of course he is going to give his take because it is a story people are talking about. And I am sure Tebow is legitimately trying to make it (well, when he isn't working at his real job) but he has no chance and is merely being used as an attention grab to generate interest. Not the players' fault but it is what it is. Some baseball writers are going to come right out and say so because they see it for what it is. Then as soon as that happens a whole lot of people will come running to defend Tebow and get upset with the writer for daring to doubt him. Happens every time.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just 1 more Cleveland and Kluber is going for them in game 4. I can at least live through them as the try to sweep the Blue Jays. Make it so.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just 1 more Cleveland and Kluber is going for them in game 4. I can at least live through them as the try to sweep the Blue Jays. Make it so.
:towel

D

Deuce

Two quick thoughts for Gibbons while he reflects on their season and looks towards next year...

Fuck.

and

You.

Enjoy watching the WS from home again, assholes! :towel

Rev

Staff member
Go home Canadian ratbirds!!

Rev

Staff member
Two quick thoughts for Gibbons while he reflects on their season and looks towards next year...

Fuck.

and

You.

Enjoy watching the WS from home again, assholes! :towel
I will also add a F U to Gibbons as well.

Rev

Staff member
Hey Joey.. I like where you are at, also.

:flairwoo

Top Bottom