Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Absolutely but keep in mind one of the DE's on that D-line was a draft bust who broke out in that system and defense (Jerry Hughes). Kind of reminds me a little of the Graham.

Now Mario William and Marcel Dareus are just studs from day one in the NFL.
Hughes broke out in 2013, his first year in Buffalo, I don't give credit to Schwartz for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hughes broke out in 2013, his first year in Buffalo, I don't give credit to Schwartz for him.
He wasn't a starter until 2014... And look what he did after Schwartz left. What a dumb move Rex was for that team by the way. The defense was absolutely set as a 4-3 unit and they bring in a guy who specializes in a 3-4.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He wasn't a starter until 2014... And look what he did after Schwartz left. What a dumb move Rex was for that team by the way. The defense was absolutely set as a 4-3 unit and they bring in a guy who specializes in a 3-4.
Yea, I was always kind of baffled why they would completely shift their defensive scheme considering how good their DL was/is in a 4-3.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Philly has a little bit of cap room but not a lot, and has a lot of holes to fill. If they throw any kind of money at Bradford they might not have any left after that. And they have to break the bank for Cox coming up soon.
I thought they had a lot of cap room after getting rid of everybody.

Man sucks to be them.:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I was always kind of baffled why they would completely shift their defensive scheme considering how good their DL was/is in a 4-3.
Basically all 4 guys who were studs in a 4-3 took massive steps backwards in a 3-4.

I think the Eagles could have a very good defense but it doesn't have the talent of that Buffalo Bills unit that was so great. Their offense will suck too. Shit at QB. Run down RBs. An offensive line that was dismantled. WR's that are basically meh across the board.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Andy Reid said they practiced handling the end of the game like that and did it on purpose so New England wouldn't have any time left if the Chiefs were able to take the lead.

It didn't make any sense to me either
That was Pederson's response too. They didn't want to give Brady the ball back.

It makes no sense when you're down 2 scores. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Comment from Douche Defensive Coordinator:

"Our job as coaches is to put everyone in position that they can be best used. You have to be humble enough from a professional standpoint that you can accept that. The last thing you want to do as a coach is force-feed a scheme on a set of players."

Can't argue.

A coach should be flexible. Not asking dipshit players to change to fit them.

I don't think a lot of coaches do this.

They just absolve themselves of responsibility and start the defense mechanism of "execution" being the culprit.

~ahem~

~GARRETT!~

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Green Bay Packers fire Sam Gash, Jerry Fontenot

By Tyler Dragon NFL.com
Published: Jan. 19, 2016 at 06:06 p.m.

Fresh from losing in the playoffs, the Packers are relieving two assistant coaches of their duties.

Green Bay fired running backs coach Sam Gash and tight ends coach Jerry Fontenot, the team announced Tuesday.

Gash joined the Packers in 2014 after being the Detroit Lions' running back coach. Fontenot started with the organization as an intern during head coach Mike McCarthy's first year in Green Bay. He was promoted to assistant offensive line coach, running backs coach in 2011 and then named tight ends coach in 2012.

"I respect the Green Bay organization a lot," Gash said, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I just apologize that I didn't, I guess, get the job done. And that's totally on me. You just live and learn from every situation that you're in. I'm living and I've learned a lot. That's all. I think the organization is great."

Green Bay's ground attack sputtered this season, mainly because Eddie Lacy came into training camp overweight and never recovered. Lacy was put in McCarthy's doghouse and was replaced at the top of the depth chart by James Starks. The Alabama product rushed for just 758 yards after rumbling for 1,139 yards and nine touchdowns a season ago.

Like the running backs, Green Bay's tight ends were also a disappointment. Richard Rodgers made some highlight-reel catches but struggled with blocking and wasn't consistently involved in the offense. Rodgers totaled 58 catches and 510 yards on the season. The development of the Packers' other tight ends never came into fruition in 2015.

With Tuesday's moves, McCarthy clearly isn't satisfied with the direction of the Packers' ground attack and the performance of his tight ends. Gash and Fontenot's successors will have to get in Lacy's ear about maintaining a good playing weight and produce reliable tight ends.

------------

~gasp~

The Packers are messing with their continuity!

D

Deuce

I thought Richard Rogers did pretty well for a relative unknown before this season.

D

Deuce

He is basically a glorified WR though.
That's the type of TE they've always gone for going back to Jermichael Finley. Can't only draft those guys and be mad when they aren't complete run blockers.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I swear man, between you and schmidty it's like you people who live in/grew up in Philly are scared of your own shadow when it comes to the Eagles.
:lol

So true.

Geng was losing his damn mind in a panic, ready to crown the Eagles division champs way back in October....because according to him, them losing to the Giants at that time was actually a bad thing since it was going to spur them on to some monster winning streak.

Good times. :art

Top Bottom