One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:picard

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
DeMarco Murray Reportedly Had a McCoy-esque Meltdown After the Game

Jim Adair - December 22, 2015

Howard Eskin – Verified account ‏@howardeskin

I'm told RB Demarco Murray blew up after game vs Arizona. Obviously unhappy. When walking in #Eagles locker room threw helmet screaming F---

There are*a bunch of reasons for DeMarco Murray to be pissed off after the Arizona game. He saw fewer than a dozen snaps. He only had a handful of carries. And the team lost in what can easily be described as a beat-down. I’m not sure which of these things caused him to pull a Shady, but my guess is it’d be one of the first two.

In just a couple of months, we all went from gloating at Cowboys fans about taking DeMarco away from them, to wondering if maybe we should have just let him stay there. And maybe Murray threw his helmet because he was wondering the same thing. Or maybe throwing his helmet into the locker room was the only hole he knew he could hit.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

Al Jazeera?

Anyway, I've long felt PEDs were rampant in football. And like baseball, we've largely exercised a willing suspension of disbelief.

We'll see if there's enough groundswell of outrage in the nfl to curtail its use.

Given how PED suspensions have kind of been greeted largely with shrugs lately, I wonder. Then again, it's one thing for someone like Lane Johnson to get caught, it's another when it's Manning.

Genghis Khan

Ryan Howard, Ryan Zimmerman, and Mike Tyson were among other athletes named in the al Jazeera report.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Whenever I hear Al Jazeera mentioned, I think of the Iraqi Information minister.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Going back to Murray, I wouldn't want to bring him back now. It sounds like we'll be bringing McFadden back and he'll be 29 before next season. No need to have McFadden and then 28 yr old Murray as our top backs. I'd go with one of the younger FA's or draft a guy in the 2nd-3rd round.

And looking at the crop of RB's that will be entering the '17 draft, I'd prefer to go with the FA this year and not use a high pick in '16 on a RB and wait til the following years draft to get a stud early. The one exception is if Henry is available for us in the 2nd and we think he's the real deal.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the NFL you have one down year and you're gone. It's a rough world.

Well except for maybe Jason Garrett but in the world of LT I guess that is still TBD.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Jordy Nelson attend meeting on catch rule

Posted by Josh Alper on January 5, 2016, 12:36 PM EST

In December, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell talked about finding “a better solution” to the league’s rules governing what is and isn’t a catch and put together a committee to study the issue before making any proposals to the Competition Committee in March.

That committee is made up of Hall of Fame executive Bill Polian, former head coaches Ken Whisenhunt, Jim Schwartz and Joe Philbin, former NFL wide receiver James Thrash and former side judge Tom Finken and one of the plans was for the group to hold meetings with current and former players to get their thoughts on how to improve the rule. The first meeting on that front took place on Tuesday.

The group included one current player, Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson, and Hall of Famers Cris Carter, Steve Largent, Fred Biletnikoff and Tim Brown. Randy Moss, who will likely join the yellow-blazered crowd upon eligibility, and former tight end Chad Lewis were also part of the group.

Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson have also expressed interest in working toward finding a rule that eliminates the confusion attached to “how [the current rule] is officiated, played, executed, and communicated.” The league calls this the first meeting, so there will presumably be others down the line that Bryant, Johnson and others can take part in as the league tries to stop the weekly conversations about whether what looks, smells and acts like a catch actually is a catch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/05/randy-moss-cris-carter-jordy-nelson-attend-meeting-on-catch-rule/

------------------------------------------

The fact that James Thrash is on this committee lets you know the league is taking this seriously.

Top Bottom