Week 14 Chatter Thread | Dallas vs Green Bay | 12/13/2015

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Then why the hell did you keep trying it? God damn, man.
You still fail to see what is being built here. I pity you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, I see that DeAndre Hopkins is trending on Twitter and have seen that he said something after the game. Anyone know what it was?
Just that they were outplayed and outcoached. That his teammates should have beaten single coverage after he was doubled all game. No big deal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Ruh roh. Jerry and Jason ain't singing the same tune.

Cotton

Staff member
Just that they were outplayed and outcoached. That his teammates should have beaten single coverage after he was doubled all game. No big deal.
Then why are they making it a big deal? He wouldn't be trending if they weren't.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Wow.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Ruh roh. Jerry and Jason ain't singing the same tune.
This is Jerry greasing the skids, he is not giving Garrett any wiggle room.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How long does it take to build? That is the question.
It has already been built. When I see that a fine man like Jason Witten believes in Him, that is more than enough for me.

Cotton

Staff member
It has already been built. When I see that a fine man like Jason Witten believes in Him, that is more than enough for me.
Good point. I forgot that you have to enrich the players lives as part of the process to make the playoffs.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No, this is Jerry telling the fans what they want to hear at the moment.
Yeah. We will have an after the season closed door meeting where they will come up with the company line over scotch and loose women. Jerry will look like he is taking Jason to task and the fans will be fooled. Fooled I tell you.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Only way Garrett is fired is if we lose out and do so in embarrassing fashion, a blowout to end the year against a below average Redskin team may do it.

I really wonder what Jerry's mindset is, it's clear that he's frustrated with Garrett to some extent, but I can't figure out if Jerry being desperate to win knowing he doesn't have much time left would make him more or less likely to get rid of Garrett. On one hand hiring a new coach would require installing new schemes and philosophies, so that may make him more hesitant knowing there would be a learning curve, on the other if a guy like Payton who has won it all and actually coached Romo before is available, perhaps Jerry gives in to the tempting thought of "what if?", where this may be his last chance to see what would happen with a different HC.

At the end of the day I just can't see Garrett being fired unless something really dramatic happens here in the last 3 weeks, considering the fact that Romo is his boy and he has Jerry's ear. If we miss the playoffs next year though Garrett will 100% be gone.

dallen

Senior Tech

Then why the hell did you keep trying it? God damn, man.
Landry-esque

dallen

Senior Tech
Only way Garrett is fired is if we lose out and do so in embarrassing fashion, a blowout to end the year against a below average Redskin team may do it.

I really wonder what Jerry's mindset is, it's clear that he's frustrated with Garrett to some extent, but I can't figure out if Jerry being desperate to win knowing he doesn't have much time left would make him more or less likely to get rid of Garrett. On one hand hiring a new coach would require installing new schemes and philosophies, so that may make him more hesitant knowing there would be a learning curve, on the other if a guy like Payton who has won it all and actually coached Romo before is available, perhaps Jerry gives in to the tempting thought of "what if?", where this may be his last chance to see what would happen with a different HC.

At the end of the day I just can't see Garrett being fired unless something really dramatic happens here in the last 3 weeks, considering the fact that Romo is his boy and he has Jerry's ear. If we miss the playoffs next year though Garrett will 100% be gone.
I think a lot of Garrett's situation is a direct response to losing Sean Payton. If Payton really is going to be available I could see it - from Jerry's side at least. Otherwise I have a hard time seeing him fire Garrett as I sit here today

kidd

DCC 4Life
Pardon me for my ignorance but has something happened in NO that I don't know about? Why all this talk about Sean Payton coming to Dallas?

Jiggyfly

Banned
No, this is Jerry telling the fans what they want to hear at the moment.
So now Jerry is this great svengali type who is manipulating the fans?

What is he hoping to accomplish with this?

How can fans hear all of this and then be ok when Garret is brought back?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So now Jerry is this great svengali type who is manipulating the fans?

What is he hoping to accomplish with this?

How can fans hear all of this and then be ok when Garret is brought back?
Keeps them on the hook like any good pusher. He has been manipulating the fan base for the last 20 years.

You honestly think the majority of the fans are disgusted with Garrett? Most are blaming the injuries and planning for a kick ass yee haw QB at the top of the draft that Jerry will never draft.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I think this is the biggest reason Garret has been givin so much time.

If this was just a 1 week thing of being critical of Garrett I would think the same as you but this is 2 weeks in a row and I don't see things getting better against the Jets and Bills who both have good defenses.

I am interested to see if the Payton stuff starts getting any run.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Keeps them on the hook like any good pusher. He has been manipulating the fan base for the last 20 years.

You honestly think the majority of the fans are disgusted with Garrett? Most are blaming the injuries and planning for a kick ass yee haw QB at the top of the draft that Jerry will never draft.
I think the majority is turning on Garrett even over at the other place the defenders seem to be a vocal minority.

I am not seeing this great fan support of Garrett and I think it gets worse over the next 2 weeks.

Top Bottom