2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I HATED Merton Hanks.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I HATED Merton Hanks.
How could you not hate that turkey neck bastard?

dallen

Senior Tech
I hope he gave himself slight brain damage

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Amateur. Should've done it on his chest with a hand on each boob. Squeeze them together and you get clapping Garrett

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Think about this defense next year potentially:

DeMarcus Lawrence / Draft pick
Maliek Collins / Cedric Thornton
Tyrone Crawford / Terrell McClain
Randy Gregory / David Irving

Sean Lee / Anthony Hitchens
Jaylon Smith / Mark Nzeocha
Damien Wilson / Justin Durant

Brandon Carr / Orlando Scandrick
Mo Claiborne / Anthony Brown

Byron Jones / Kavon Frazier
Barry Church / JJ Wilcox

Could be pretty friggin nice if things break in our favor.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Think about this defense next year potentially:

DeMarcus Lawrence / Draft pick
Maliek Collins / Cedric Thornton
Tyrone Crawford / Terrell McClain
Randy Gregory / David Irving

Sean Lee / Anthony Hitchens
Jaylon Smith / Mark Nzeocha
Damien Wilson / Justin Durant

Brandon Carr / Orlando Scandrick
Mo Claiborne / Anthony Brown

Byron Jones / Kavon Frazier
Barry Church / JJ Wilcox

Could be pretty friggin nice if things break in our favor.
McClain, Claiborne, Carr, Church and Wilcox are all free agents. None of them should be particularly expensive but I'd be surprised if we signed all 5, I'm guessing we end up signing 3 or 4 of them.

data

Forbes #1
Random thought - Demarcus Ware seems to be an easily forgotten Cowboy. We barely talk about him at all. Probably talk more about Haley. He's not mentioned in any Top 10 Cowboys lists - SI, ESPN, Sporting News, NFLN, etc. Looking at his stats, though, dude #8 sacks all-time and only 5 more to get to #5 all time. And he wasnt just a one-dimensional pass rusher, but an excellent run stopper. ROHer? Top 5 defensive Cowboy all-time with Randy White, Lilly, Renfro, Harvey Martin? 1st ballot HOFer? Do we, as Cowvoys fans, under appreciate what he accomplished?

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You are too young to have seen Woodson play, so I will take your opinion with a grain of salt.
This is not true. I saw live most of, and have re-seen on VHS nearly all of, over the years every game Woodson played from 1992-1995, and after that I was plenty old enough in my late teens following along.

I am too young to have seen Ronnie Lott in his prime but come on. You are the only person with this opinion. Don't act like it's me.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You are too young to have seen Woodson play, so I will take your opinion with a grain of salt.
I saw pretty much every game Woodson played in a Cowboys uniform. And a shit load of Ronnie Lott's games, too. And as great as Woodson was, I agree that Lott was better. They're not nearly as far apart as the HOF voting guys would have people believe, but Lott is the GOAT.

I would say there is a legitimate argument that Woodson is better than Lynch and Dawkins. While those guys were dominant in certain areas I feel that overall, Woodson was just better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom