CB Gereon Conley, Ohio State
CB Sidney Jones, Washington
RB Joe Yearby, Miami

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol

Was wondering how long it would take.
I just don't get it. Any pro prospect critique is completely warranted but the guy was basically Romo on a team full of retards.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just don't get it. Any pro prospect critique is completely warranted but the guy was basically Romo on a team full of retards.
His problem is all he has learned how to do is play street ball. It's like watching a pickup game. His biggest strength is his arm. He will easily have the biggest rocket in the draft. And, him being Romo was one of his biggest weaknesses. He takes way too many chances with the ball.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
DT Elijah Qualls, Washington
OT David Sharpe, Florida

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His problem is all he has learned how to do is play street ball. It's like watching a pickup game. His biggest strength is his arm. He will easily have the biggest rocket in the draft. And, him being Romo was one of his biggest weaknesses. He takes way too many chances with the ball.
I can't blame him for declaring with this weak ass QB class. Has a real chance to climb.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So playing for a team that requires him to score 50+ per game to have and chance to win, with no running game support and the worst defense in college football history means that he is indispensable? I mean seriously, what do you want this guy to do get in your good graces? He basically was the only hope for Tech to be in games? Even with his back up against the wall he ended with 5000 + yards with 50 tds in the air and 12 on the ground against a mere 10 minutes interceptions. Is your nephew the backup or what?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So playing for a team that requires him to score 50+ per game to have and chance to win, with no running game support and the worst defense in college football history means that he is indispensable? I mean seriously, what do you want this guy to do get in your good graces? He basically was the only hope for Tech to be in games? Even with his back up against the wall he ended with 5000 + yards with 50 tds in the air and 12 on the ground against a mere 10 minutes interceptions. Is your nephew the backup or what?
Ode to come?

Cotton

Staff member
I want him to not make so many stupid decisions with the football. We can start there. The only reason he has 5000+ yards is because he does throw 50+ times a game. He has a really strong arm, but he is not near where he needs to be with his protection of the football decision. When he was a freshman and sophomore I really thought he was just young and would get it coached out of him. Nope. He's just as careless with the ball as he was 3 years ago. He still makes all of those same dumbass decisions.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pretty cool how a thread about underclassmen declaring for the draft turns into a pissing match about some fucking gump Tech QB that nobody except for Tech fans will remember in 5 years.

Cotton

Staff member
Pretty cool how a thread about underclassmen declaring for the draft turns into a pissing match about some fucking gump Tech QB that nobody except for Tech fans will remember in 5 years.
Well, he is an underclassman that has declared for this draft, so thread is still on its rails.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I don't get it...
5 to 1 TD/Int ratio sounds pretty fucking impressive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tech fans always think their team is relevant for some reason.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I want him to not make so many stupid decisions with the football. We can start there. The only reason he has 5000+ yards is because he does throw 50+ times a game. He has a really strong arm, but he is not near where he needs to be with his protection of the football decision. When he was a freshman and sophomore I really thought he was just young and would get it coached out of him. Nope. He's just as careless with the ball as he was 3 years ago. He still makes all of those same dumbass decisions.
So by your logic he should have about 20 more ints to his name since he throws the ball so much, right? Or do you have some trumped up reason that he sucks because has 600 attempts to only 10 picks? Somebody needs to give Tom Brady some tips because that guy has about the same td/int ratio as Mahomes. Imagine what Brady could have done with his career if only you would have been there to let him know he needs to take care of the ball.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tech fans always think their team is relevant for some reason.
You and simp can just suck it. Each college fan enjoys discussing their team. That is why we have an NCAA area so we can do that. I don't know why that translates into Tech fans thinking their team is relevant for some reason. Were you still here posting for the last 20 years when the Cowboys basically didn't win shit? Must be because you thought the cowboys were relevant or something, huh?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You and simp can just suck it. Each college fan enjoys discussing their team. That is why we have an NCAA area so we can do that. I don't know why that translates into Tech fans thinking their team is relevant for some reason. Were you still here posting for the last 20 years when the Cowboys basically didn't win shit? Must be because you thought the cowboys were relevant or something, huh?
Maybe you guys should start a Texas Tech thread, like someone always does with Notre Dame...

I only kid though. He is a draft prospect who declared for the draft. Of course we should discuss him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ode to come?
I'm on hydrocodone, muscle relaxers and laxatives. There is a chance I will go off with nonsensical f-bombs, shit my pants, need a hug or just pass out. I have no preference as long as it is entertaining.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I enjoy the discussions of Texas Tech football.

Researchers say laughing daily is beneficial to your health. So please continue.

:art

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I can't blame him for declaring with this weak ass QB class. Has a real chance to climb.
Pretty much. He has a very long way to go to becoming a guy who can contribute but someone will see the gifts he's flashed and fall in love. He has never been to a football camp in his entire life. He has had to one spring spring that he's focused on football. One ever. He didn't play QB until he was a Jr in high school. The dude had a LONG way to go before he is an NFL QB so he is very hard to grade. I'm not a big fan of air raid QBs translations by their games to the NFL but Mahomes had some interesting attributes. I'd spend a late rounder in him and see what happens. In this draft it is hard to know. He could slip in the late 1st or he could slide to the 5th. My guess is 2-3rd round. I would much rather have seen him stay another year. But since cotton said he's such a liability with the ball I don't know if I could go through another dreadful season or n 50 tds and 10 picks.

Top Bottom