2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Per Todd Archer the Cowboys worked out OG Jonathan Cooper today and are trying to figure out if there is a way they can get him onto the active roster.
Wow. That's interesting. Might be a good add.

Cotton

Staff member
Dude couldn't even stick in Cleveland. Probably just looking for a futures contract guy.
Or, maybe the Browns didn't want to pay him past his rookie contract. Or, maybe the Browns are just idiots.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude couldn't even stick in Cleveland. Probably just looking for a futures contract guy.
It's a guy who we liked in a draft years ago. I'm sure we are just checking to see if there is anything still worthwhile left in the former first round pick. I wasn't in love with him as a first round guard back then but it's pretty crazy how much he has busted since then. Wonder if their is an attitude problem.

Cotton

Staff member
It's a guy who we liked in a draft years ago. I'm sure we are just checking to see if there is anything still worthwhile left in the former first round pick. I wasn't in love with him as a first round guard back then but it's pretty crazy how much he has busted since then. Wonder if their is an attitude problem.
Yeah, he was #6 on our board during that draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, he was #6 on our board during that draft.
It just seems like it's rare to see a guard that highly thought of who just totally busts. You'd think he would at least be capable of being an average NFL guard. Curious how NFL teams evaluated him that poorly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It just seems like it's rare to see a guard that highly thought of who just totally busts. You'd think he would at least be capable of being an average NFL guard. Curious how NFL teams evaluated him that poorly.
When it comes to a prospect like him that busted with no obvious physical or schematic limitations (i.e. he excelled in a certain type of collegiate scheme that translated), it's probably behavorial/psycological, which is to say he's probably a jackass who stopped caring once he got paid and then he never had the drive to come back from the serious injuries he had early in his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:towel

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Wow.

Woodson was way better than Lynch.
Lynch was pretty damned good. TB wasn't known for offense unlike Woody's Cowboys, so contributions from Wody's safety position get diluted by comparison.

Then Lynch went on to play really well in Denver. It would be hard to make a case for Darren when comparing to Dawkins or Lynch, much as I admire and respect him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Lynch was pretty damned good. TB wasn't known for offense unlike Woody's Cowboys, so contributions from Wody's safety position get diluted by comparison.

Then Lynch went on to play really well in Denver. It would be hard to make a case for Darren when comparing to Dawkins or Lynch, much as I admire and respect him.
Lynch was a hard hitter but not a good sound tackler.

He also couldn't hold a candle to Woodson in pass coverage.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lynch was a hard hitter but not a good sound tackler.

He also couldn't hold a candle to Woodson in pass coverage.
Correct. You never heard the announcers see at Lynch being able to handle the slot receiver. This is so bad it's beyond description for me.

Cotton

Staff member

Lynch was solid, but it can be argued that Woodson was the GOAT at the position.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I love Woodson but I don't think you can argue he was the GOAT at his position.

Romnie Lott? Ed Reed?
You probably can if you break them down into SS and FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom